Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I suspect the safety car driver will be busy, I wouldn't be surprised to see red flags at some point.
It’s going to keep the pack tightly bunched and people will get caught out with pit stops.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Verstappen made some great moves, the restart from 3rd to 1st was a championship move.
But he lets himself down with crazy moves and stupid antics. He’s very easy to dislike.

Was saying the same to the parental unit - that he falls into the same category as Senna and the elder of the Schumacher brothers. Namely quite happy to stuff someone into the wall if it's of benefit to him.

He's a good driver, but he's turning himself into a pantomime villain - when to be honest he really doesn't have to. It's not a good look.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Verstappen ruled to have braked to avoid crossing the DRS line first, thus causing the collision. Lewis also wanted to stay behind for the DRS line - which isn’t forbidden (there’s no rule saying you have to overtake just because you can). 10 seconds and 2 penalty points for Max; no change to the result but he’s on 7 points now (12 month rolling total) and he and Horner have been exposed as lying little weasels.

Verstappen ruled to have braked to avoid crossing the DRS line first, thus causing the collision. Lewis also wanted to stay behind for the DRS line - which isn’t forbidden (there’s no rule saying you have to overtake just because you can). 10 seconds and 2 penalty points for Max; no change to the result but he’s on 7 points now (12 month rolling total) and he and Horner have been exposed as lying little weasels.
I thought CH looked a bit red faced and a bit subdued in the post race chat . I think he knew what the telemetry revealed about Max braking .

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I thought CH looked a bit red faced and a bit subdued in the post race chat . I think he knew what the telemetry revealed about Max braking .
He initially said 'no braking'. He then said 'no hard braking'. Telemetry shows hard braking - but no matter because the penalty illustrates it's only a minor infraction (that in any other Formula would be Black Flagged). Someone will get badly hurt, or worse.

I understand that DC has been further bearing out my previous comments about his never, ever having criticised Red Bull - even in the face if this shitstorm.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The rules around giving a place back need firming up.
You can’t give a place back and then immediately retake it, it’s a nonsense.
I fear that Vetstappen will do the same again next week as he nothing to lose now. It’s quite clear to anyone watching that he has no intention of being overtaken cleanly.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The rules around giving a place back need firming up.
You can’t give a place back and then immediately retake it, it’s a nonsense.
I fear that Vetstappen will do the same again next week as he nothing to lose now. It’s quite clear to anyone watching that he has no intention of being overtaken cleanly.
Of course he will. He has nothing - zero - to lose*. He was dangerous before, not sure what it makes him now.

ETA
*And everything to gain. Lewis beats him, he wins WDC. Lewis and he dnf and Max wins the WDC

Last edited:
Top Bottom