Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
When they said "No investigation necessary" that was during the race, and apparently even they didn't have access to that footage we have now seen.
Correct, but they had access to plenty of other footage. It has been commonplace* to examine this kind of incident in the last season or two.

*Read 'routine', actually

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
From the onboard camera It does look like he’s going far too fast and not steering left enough.
Id like to see a comparison with the lap before and the lap after to see what steering input he usually did.

Cerdic

Surely the stewards have access to the car's telemetry? That should tell them far more than TV footage.

Anyway, I just want to see good racing without the stewards poking their noses in. Like in the old days. Maybe I'm just getting old...

Surely the stewards have access to the car's telemetry? That should tell them far more than TV footage.

Anyway, I just want to see good racing without the stewards poking their noses in. Like in the old days. Maybe I'm just getting old...
They do have access - but it seems not necessarily immediately

classic33

Leg End Member

They have, and had.
Unless the teams are willing to make it public, we'll never see it.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Your comment suggests that Max didn;t brake as hard as he could have done - plus he was on a less grippy part of the track

I am not surprised

is there a link to the data?
I'll come back with links later :smile:

...but it's broadly supportive of JP's analysis. See this post for their respective speeds into the corner. Only one had a hope of making it round within track limits - very much as JP states.

https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1012245#p1012245

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
As given on the thread linked to
ZAL5Fn0.jpg

Source for this can't be verified at this moment.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This is a very special video. You can see how weak Frank is, no muscle strength to keep him upright. I bet Hamilton was giving it less than 50% but still fantastic.
They get called in after 1 lap but carry on to do another, after all whose going to stop those two at Silverstone.
I presume it’s a convertible as it’s the only car he could fit in, as the top is down at the start.

View: https://youtu.be/kSoQtwbpcGU

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A British motorsport legend, Sir Frank Williams, has taken his final chequered flag. :sad:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59453378

Sir Frank Williams, founder and former team principal of the Williams Racing Formula 1 team, has died aged 79.
He built the team named after him into one of the most successful in the sport.
During his time with Williams, the team won nine constructors' championships and seven drivers' titles, and dominated much of the 1980s and 1990s.
He and daughter Claire moved away from the sport in September 2020 after selling Williams to US investors.
In a statement, the Williams team said: "It is with great sadness that on behalf of the Williams family, the team can confirm the death of Sir Frank Williams CBE, founder and former team principal of Williams Racing, at the age of 79.
"After being admitted into hospital on Friday, Sir Frank passed away peacefully this morning surrounded by his family.
"Today we pay tribute to our much loved and inspirational figurehead. Frank will be sorely missed. We request that all friends and colleagues respect the Williams family's wishes for privacy at this time."

Top Bottom