'Formula One-Drive to Survive'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Perhaps F! should seriously consider taking this opportunity to scrap the internal combustion engine forever and put all their focus on alternative energy power- think of the advancements they could be making in the lockdown... unless they merge with e-formula racing?
I doubt it will happen. Formula e have that already covered.
F1 is about the pinnacle of racing, so it won’t happen until an electric car can complete with an oil burner.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The internal combustion engine is no longer the pinnacle- it's turn of the 19th century technology way past it's sell-by date.

Combine e-formula and F1 - daft to run both- besides after the lock-down burning fossil fuels is so 2019!

I'm guessing I'm unlikely to get anything out of this documentary. :biggrin:
I finally got round to watching it and I'm happy to admit I was wrong. The format of each episode following one or two narrative threads throughout a season is far more compelling than it would have been if they had tried to follow races linearly.

Sure, some of the people involved are extremely unlikeable and a lot of the drama was embellished in editing, but it is compelling nonetheless. Genuinely cheered when Gasly got his 2nd place at Interlagos, GIRUY Horner :wahhey:

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
I havnt seen the program / film in the OP but just watching F1 on channel 4, as a lifelong F1 fan who has lapsed into a 'meh' attitude to it all, the intro from the pundits says it all, its hype, it's become so super slick it's almost cheesy, it just plain annoying now, telling you how exciting the seasons been, blah blah blah.....and for me, it none of that anymore.

When George Russell, no disrespect, can climb into the Mercedes car and nearly win....again, that says it all. it's just a procession, money has ruined it.
I loved F1 all my life, theyve ruined it. C4s way of presenting it has ruined it too.
Just my opinion of course.

D

Deleted member 26715

I havnt seen the program / film in the OP but just watching F1 on channel 4, as a lifelong F1 fan who has lapsed into a 'meh' attitude to it all, the intro from the pundits says it all, its hype, it's become so super slick it's almost cheesy, it just plain annoying now, telling you how exciting the seasons been, blah blah blah.....and for me, it none of that anymore.

When George Russell, no disrespect, can climb into the Mercedes car and nearly win....again, that says it all. it's just a procession, money has ruined it.
I loved F1 all my life, theyve ruined it. C4s way of presenting it has ruined it too.
Just my opinion of course.
Personally I think the C4 version is quite dire, the presenters have no personality, there's no chemistry, Sky version however is a lot more enjoyable, although today's race was a borefest compared with last weeks.

keithmac

Guru
I watched last weeks as it was genuinely exciting to see how Russel would fair. Turns out Mercedes managed to completely fxxk it up for him.

Didn't bother watching this weeks, same old same old..

gbb

Legendary Member
I watched last weeks as it was genuinely exciting to see how Russel would fair. Turns out Mercedes managed to completely fxxk it up for him.

Didn't bother watching this weeks, same old same old..
I do wonder if Mercedes messed it up deliberately...maybe I'm being a conspiracy theorist, but would it reflect badly on Hamilton if any old F1 driver ( again, no disrespect to George R) can win in the car ?

D

Deleted member 26715

I do wonder if Mercedes messed it up deliberately...maybe I'm being a conspiracy theorist, but would it reflect badly on Hamilton if any old F1 driver ( again, no disrespect to George R) can win in the car ?
If that was the case then they would have ensured Bottas would have won to secure a 1 - 2 in the drivers rather that having to wait till this week

keithmac

Guru

That thought did cross my mind as well!.

Top Bottom