Forty years ago today since Elvis died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
A bit weird that Elvis died at 42. Always thought of him as dying old, fat and vomiting on a toilet, nothing like me really. Erm...

A bit weird that Elvis died at 42. Always thought of him as dying old, fat and vomiting on a toilet, nothing like me really. Erm...
I know what you mean. There was young beautiful Elvis in all those old movies, and then was that old bloated man on the stage. They seemed a lifetime apart but now I realise he was really just a young man.

And he wasn't as fat as he looked. His colon was double the normal size and contained (I just googled it) stool that was 4-5 months old. God, it must have been horrible to be him.

But still, what a face and what a voice.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13619-1357624199-9.gif

Ste T.

Guru
Funny enough my daughter just asked me if I could remember where I was when I heard Elvis had died and I realised I could.
I had just got home from my brothers and saw a neighbours daughter in the garden screaming and crying. I thought one of her parents had died or something, but when went over to see if I could do anything her mum came out and told me the news.

Drago

Legendary Member
Heartbreak Hotel. Great song, and some interesting tales behind its production. For example, they didn't have a reverb unit for the guitar solo, so they played it in an echoey corridor with Elvis at one end holding the door shut and the producer at the other.

Drago

Legendary Member
I do like his habit of casually shooting at things that annoy him, like the TV.

He was fat at the end, but it bothers me not. Orson Welles, Marlon Brando, Eric Pickles, they're all fat but also brilliant.

Top Bottom