England : Lancashire Forum ride - 'Bowland Revisited' - POSTPONED until SEPT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry to be cheeky but is this open to anyone if so can i tag along as and when you decide a date
Yes and yes! :thumbsup: (As long as you'd feel happy riding about 100 km or 62 miles over some big hills.)

I have done a couple more rides since my previous post and am starting to feel better so I should be okay for this ride in August.

turbopercy

Just done manc to blackpool in 3:40 first time i have ridden 62 miles if there is groups i will be in a slower one

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Just done manc to blackpool in 3:40 first time i have ridden 62 miles if there is groups i will be in a slower one
There will only one group and we will be going much slower than that. (There are some very big hills to get over.) Last time I did it I also did an extra 45 miles from Hebden Bridge and back, and averaged 10 mph including stops. We will ride at the speed of the slowest rider, splitting up on long climbs if we like, but regrouping at the summits.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

August is looking unlikely now because I am in the middle of a health scare. It might be possible to do the ride in mid-September instead if I am feeling up to it and the weather is ok.

Watch this space!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I am feeling a bit better, but I would rather have the results of my next tests before doing a lumpy 100+ km forum ride.

I am supposed to be doing a couple of decent rides in Scotland in early September. If they go ok, then the Bowland ride should be on after I get back.

If @Steve H comes up with a weekend date that suits him in September (13th onwards) I will go for that.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I am still trying to get this ride organised, though at this rate it will be 2015 by the time it happens! :laugh:

It looks as though it will have to be Sat, 20th Sept or if not - Sat, 27th Sept. No word from @Steve H yet, but if he is not available on either of those dates I could catch the train to Burnley or Accrington to reduce my mileage for the day to something more comfortable.

Does anybody fancy it on either of those two dates?

If we said an 09:15 start from Spring Wood, then I would have time to ride there from the station. If there are no takers, then I might do it on a weekday with a couple of local pals, sooner rather than later, before this spell of good weather finally comes to an end.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hi @ColinJ - I'm just back from a 9 day LEJOG ride. Therefore the missus isn't going to be letting me out much in the near future. I need to earn back a lot of brownie points for this long trip away on my own!
Yes, you had told me about your LEJOG but I now seem to have the memory capacity of an ancient faulty 32 kB ROM chip so I had forgotten ... D'oh! :wacko:

Well, that leaves me free to choose a date ... If anybody wants to do the ride on Saturday, 27th September - post below. If there are no takers, or the weather turns nasty, I will do the ride solo (or with a couple of mates) on a sunny day before the daylight hours run out.

I will definitely aim to do this route again next summer so my planning will not go to waste, whatever happens this year.

Top Bottom