Forum ride from Hebden Bridge, Sun 28th Aug - 'Dip Into The Dales'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Phew!

That was my first forum ride for years without my GPS and it eventually became clear how much I depend on it for error-free navigation. I made the mistake of not drinking anything for well over an hour and after that I was playing catch-up. As a result, I started getting light-headed before the cafe stop and I couldn't quite make sense of where we were going at Embsay, despite my written notes and having stared at the map just before setting off. I'm going to start printing out maps for rides until I sort my GPS problems out!

Full Dip Into The Dales ride report on my blog.

Watch out for an easier forum ride to Waddington from Hebden Bridge on Sunday, 18th September folks!

Alun

Guru
Hope you're OK after your fall Colin, I'll join you on the 18th, deffo !

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hope you're OK after your fall Colin, I'll join you on the 18th, deffo !
I'll start a thread about it soon so people can put it in their diaries.

No serious harm done to me but I've got more aches and pains today than I would have had if I hadn't fallen! Slick road tyres, mud and front wheel braking are not a good combination!

Steve H

Large Member
Maybe a good one to miss, given the hills and the wind. Lost a bit of fitness over August with holidays and a bit too much beer! I would have struggled a bit too much I think.

I should be up for the Waddington ride on the 18th, but be gentle with me as I will have turned 40 by then!

Calum

Thanks for yesterday folks, it was one of the most random bike rides i've ever been on! I got to the station 20 mins before the Leeds service was due, so decided to conduct a little race with the train into Keighley! Blasted down the dual carriageway for 3 miles (not a likely choice of roads for Colin's next forum ride!) and made it with 10 mins to spare!

Calum 1 0 Northern Rail! :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Maybe a good one to miss, given the hills and the wind. Lost a bit of fitness over August with holidays and a bit too much beer! I would have struggled a bit too much I think.

I should be up for the Waddington ride on the 18th, but be gentle with me as I will have turned 40 by then!

I had to check the date then, surely this post is from 2001? :whistle:

Alun

Guru

Do you let these old folk on your rides Colin?

Top Bottom