Forum ride from Hebden Bridge, Sun 28th Aug - 'Dip Into The Dales'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
**** it, i'm still gonna be in me shorts! Will be a long-sleeve warm jersey job though.
I'm probably going to have to stick to my baggy shorts because my legs are too fat for my lycra kit (the blood supply is getting cut off and I end up numb or in pain). I must lose more weight ... :whistle:

Arm warmers, long-sleeved base layer, short-sleeved jersey plus a gilet for me, I reckon.

Oh, and some sleep first - that might be a good idea, eh? ;)

Good night!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Calum has managed to get on the train from Leeds!

I'm going to be optimistic and put some sun cream on! (It looks like we might get the odd shower later on, but it feels fairly mild down here in the valley. Broken cloud, the odd sunny spell.

Let's hope my bum, back and right leg hold out!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Sorry about this Colin but I rather fear I overdid it last night and feel a disinclination to go out in this wet, windy weather given the way I feel. And you obviously won't get this until you return home so further apologies.

Cyclox

When I read this this morning I could have kicked myself:

Riders:
  • ColinJ + pal Bill
  • potsy
  • PaulB (some of first half)
  • bromptonfb
  • Calum
Possible rider(s):
  • skudupnorth
  • oldfatfool
  • eltelio
  • A Mystery Female Rider??? :whistle:..............I've always shied away from rides on this thread being as how it's usually all boys men. It would be good to get out and meet some fellow female riders. Spotted this far too late 9am ish. Maybe next time.
Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying the ride and the weather is not too punishing. It's wet & windy here so you must be getting blown over up them there 'ills!

Michelle

Moodyman

Legendary Member
When I woke up this morning and looked outside the window, I immeditaley thought of you guys.

It was pretty windy where I am, but it's a lot higher where you guys went. Hope you all made it back in one piece.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I was wondering how you all did whilst i was doing my bit for the enviroment by cutting sycamore trees down near the River Bollin in Styal woods !
Hope the ride went well,i will defo get out for the Jod ride

Cheers Colin for an interesting day out, must remember not to get in front of the guy with the directions in future!! Great to meet all who turned up and thanks for a nice steady ride, I might have had to get of and push for 400 yds but I wasn't the first :tongue:

Very windy and the early squalls didn't helpmind you neither did the my rear brake deciding to apply itself for ( I think) 15 miles :angry: In total computer was showing 86 miles and 7hr 40 ride time but I think I can add a couple as I forgot to turn it back on immediately after a couple of the stops!! So my longest ride to date by at least 40 mile and deffo the HILLIEST. Thanks again until the next time,

Andrew

potsy

Rambler
Found that really tough today, relentless wind and hills.
Good to meet more cc'ers, hope to see you all on future rides :thumbsup:

Oh, and I only started walking to make you look good Andy :tongue:

views.JPG
grey skies.JPG
cafe stop.JPG
The Oxenhope 3.JPG

It certainly is Skud, we had a headwind all the way up, the last 5 miles were fun though in that wind :biggrin:

Yes, I'd noticed the strength of the wind yesterday and was thinking of you guys. Funny how you rarely notice a strong tail-wind but always notice a head-wind.

Well done to everyone, I hope I'll be back with you soon.

eltelio

Thanks a lot Colin, absolutely crackin ride out. Nice to have met you and the other lads. That wind certainly made a bit interesting :whistle: especially on that final descent. Think I might need to put some weight on to enable me to keep two wheels on the ground in future..Nice one anyway and hope to do it all again real soon.:biggrin:
Terry

potsy

Rambler
Yes, I'd noticed the strength of the wind yesterday and was thinking of you guys. Funny how you rarely notice a strong tail-wind but always notice a head-wind.

Well done to everyone, I hope I'll be back with you soon.

Waddington ride in a few weeks stass, be good to have you back again.

Terry- That final descent is such fun, even if that wind was a bit scary :thumbsup:

Alun

Guru
Sorry I missed the ride, I was committed to a BBQ which never materialized. :sad:

Hope to make the next one as the "Seasons of Mists" in now on the horizon

Top Bottom