Forum ride - Hebden Bridge to Waddington, Sun 29th January

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think I look a lot taller than usual on that photo :whistle:
Those high heels are really effective!
Ha ha ha - well spotted - I missed that! :laugh:

potsy-cheats.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Anyone free for this short, sunny, cold ride tomorrow? :whistle:

Oh, by the way lads ... You know when we emerged off the Greenway at Rose Grove, and I said that two young fellas had just called after me that my back tyre was going flat, and I asked you and you said it was okay ...? Well, it's now completely flat! :sad:

Good job I checked it before setting off to meet Calum in the morning!

potsy

Rambler
That's because you never got to the front for anyone to see it :giggle:

Looking forward to the century ride, think that was my favourite of last year, wonder if Fossy will lend me his fixed for the day?

Skol did wonder why i was holding onto his shoulder as you took that pic :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It's a damn good job we did this last weekend when the weather was so nice! It would have been 'difficult' this Sunday that's for sure.
I was thinking that myself!

I'm glad that I managed to get a mid-week ride in with Calum too.

****************************************************************************************************************
The Fylde/Wyre flattish century ride from Whalley is on! I'll start a thread at the beginning of March but put it in your diaries now because it will be a good one! Sunday, 25th March - same idea as the last one, but avoiding most of the coastal towns this time, and using a downstream toll bridge to get across the Wyre rather than the ferry. Still calling in at Bonds for ices, and Knott End for our main stop and a glimpse of the sea (or at least - the mouth of the Wyre).
****************************************************************************************************************

I've toyed with the idea of trying to persuade a bunch of CycleChatters to sign up for a road training camp on the Costa Blanca one March. If I could afford to do one again, I'd go for 2 weeks, but many people would probably just do either the first week or the second one. If we could get 20 or more interested, we could form a couple of decent-sized groups, plus there would be other riders on the camps anyway.

Would it be cheaper to hire a lge villa in Mallorca or Teneriffe between us? Would certainly be interested if I got enough notice to book holidays etc.

potsy

Rambler
The Fylde/Wyre flattish century ride from Whalley is on! I'll start a thread at the beginning of March but put it in your diaries now because it will be a good one! Sunday, 25th March - same idea as the last one, but avoiding most of the coastal towns this time, and using a downstream toll bridge to get across the Wyre rather than the ferry. Still calling in at Bonds for ices, and Knott End for our main stop and a glimpse of the sea (or at least - the mouth of the Wyre).
In the diary, is this the same day as the Cheshire Cat again?
Might want to 'poke' Big Steve in case he doesn't know, he wanted to do this last time but had already booked the CC.
Hoping this weather doesn't stop my mileage this coming week, need to keep skolly in his place :hugs:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
In the diary, is this the same day as the Cheshire Cat again?
Might want to 'poke' Big Steve in case he doesn't know, he wanted to do this last time but had already booked the CC.

Yes - I'm doing the CC 74-miler so won't make it.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hmm ... it's always a question of juggling dates, isn't it! I'm trying to spread my rides out evenly and fit them around events that I'll be riding like the mini-NWP, SITD and so on.

The 25th was chosen because the clocks go forward early that morning and that gives us an extra hour of daylight in the evening for our ride back. It will be 4 weeks after the previous forum ride (25th February) and 3 weeks before SITD. If we moved the century ride to 1st April, those gaps would be 5 weeks and 2 weeks.

Would it be cheaper to hire a lge villa in Mallorca or Teneriffe between us? Would certainly be interested if I got enough notice to book holidays etc.
It definitely would be cheaper to book somewhere for ourselves. We'd have the hassle of sorting out transfers but I suppose the internet makes these things much easier now. Anyway, it will have to be another year - something to think about for the future.

It definitely would be cheaper to book somewhere for ourselves. We'd have the hassle of sorting out transfers but I suppose the internet makes these things much easier now. Anyway, it will have to be another year - something to think about for the future.

I read an article recently in one of the mags where a group had done this had hired a couple of people carriers for the week, giving them transport enough for them and their bikes,which would already be bagged up from the flight. Like you say,something to think about.

potsy

Rambler
And looking at the actual number all 3 of you could do with doing a bit more to keep up .... :tongue:
Don't forget, as my miles are done at a much slower pace than the rest of you, I actually spend far more time on the bike than all of you :tongue:

I like the dates you have chosen Colin, makes sense to spread them out like you have.

Top Bottom