Forum ride - Hebden Bridge to Waddington, Sun 29th January

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edge705

Chaps I can confirm and agree with ILS I was back out on a hilly 60 on roads unpassable on the bike I checked the forcast and everything I ddnt think the smow would reach dunsop bridge but it did in abundance - It was a struggle in places walking and clearing ice sludge from your cleats just to clip them in I feel a right nugget I should have done the flat 50 instead of the hilly 60 - DOH:blush: its a good job it was last week and not this that we did our ride I have to admit I was grovelling the last 10 flat miles home everything seazed up - and to rub salt in the wound a lovely sunny afternoon on the fylde coast. Never mind another 61 miles in the legs the MNW is now looking possible:thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've PMd Steve H and tubbycyclist about the proposed century ride on 25th March. Hopefully one of them will be able to offer me a lift over to Whalley, because I don't fancy doing a 143 miler that day. (At the end of the summer, maybe, but not fat and unfit in March!)

I've planned the main route and it comes in at 163 kms (102 miles) with Bonds after 73 kms (45 miles) and Knott End cafe after 96 kms (60 miles).

I've also come up with 2 shorter options in case of disappointing weather ...

Shorter option #1 cuts out Knott End, and inserts a cafe stop at Scorton instead - total distance 132 kms (83 miles) with Bonds still at 73 kms (45 miles), Scorton cafe stop at 91 kms (57 miles).

Shorter option #2 (for nasty weather) cuts out an extra Fylde loop and Knott End, and inserts the cafe stop at Scorton instead - total distance 113 kms (70 miles) with Bonds at 54 kms (45 miles), Scorton cafe stop at 72 kms (57 miles).

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Its this thing called a "Life" that takes all the time away from cycling .......... you might have heard of it :giggle:

+1

I could ride to work everynight and fit trips in on my days off if it wasn't for 'life' getting in the way. Figure in all those extra miles and I would be miles ahead of Potsy (but probably still wouldn't have clocked up as many hours in the saddle :laugh:).

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
+1

I could ride to work everynight and fit trips in on my days off if it wasn't for 'life' getting in the way. Figure in all those extra miles and I would be miles ahead of Potsy (but probably still wouldn't have clocked up as many hours in the saddle :laugh:).

+1 non of my mileage is commuting as I am self employed and work from home so I think I have done quite well considering :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm on my way over......

billywhiz1.jpg

Attachments

• billywhiz1.jpg
    billywhiz1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom