Forum ride - Season of Mists route (Hebden Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lpjr

Hi LPJR,

Well when I last did it this was the timing:-

Ride time: 3:19:24
Stopped time: 4:13
Distance: 44.16 miles
Average speed: 13.29 miles/h
Fastest speed: 37.66 miles/h

Hope this helps!

Russ

Cheers for that, I will give myself 4 hours. I averaged 13.4 on a twenty miler with a climb of 1727 feet. So taking into account twice the distance and the extra climb I think an extra 40 mins may do it. On second thoughts I give myself 5 hours just to make sure. Cheers again.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cheers for that, I will give myself 4 hours. I averaged 13.4 on a twenty miler with a climb of 1727 feet.  So taking into account twice the distance and the extra climb I think an extra 40 mins may do it. On second thoughts I give myself 5 hours just to make sure. Cheers again.
I think you are wise to allow 5 hours. Run over some broken glass and you could easily spend 30+ minutes sorting that out..

The Trough climb is quite tough from the south side as on Sysagent's route. It has a long stretch at about 18% so have a nice low gear handy! ;)

It's a lovely area though, one of my favourite places to cycle. Have a nice ride.

trough_of_bowland_wide.jpg

lpjr

Hi LPJR,

Well when I last did it this was the timing:-

Ride time: 3:19:24
Stopped time: 4:13
Distance: 44.16 miles
Average speed: 13.29 miles/h
Fastest speed: 37.66 miles/h

Hope this helps!

Russ

Ended up doing a slightly shorter version of your route. I parked in Mitton rather than Whalley. Then took the most direct route to Dunsop Bridge via Bashall Eaves. Then I went round the Trough. The hill almost finished me early doors, but I got up without stopping so I am a happy man. Headed to Chipping then back to Mitton. I was a bit too cautious on the down hills, not knowing how sharp the bends were I over compensated on the brakes.

Anyway for the stats measured on my phones GPS. Distance 37.4 miles. Time 2hrs 51mins 31 secs. Averaged speed 13.1 mph. Max speed 30.1 (note GPS measurement average out, like to think I got a little faster. Climb 2843 feet.

Still a little of the pace so may be able to join you on a ride next summer if I keep the training up. I say summer because it was bloody freezing at the top of the Trough today.

Any other good routes in that area let us know as I would like to give them a try. Thanks.

Top Bottom