Forum rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Also, clinging onto a slightly too fast ride with all you are worth is a very very good way to improve your own cycling! Not really a social situation, but it is definitely an experience that helps you in the long term.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Aren't most rides scripted or predefined? Someone has to predefine them, it's just that you don't know that they are.

The rides I have been on in London most certainly were not predefined or scripted and seemed to adapt to the time people have available and what they wish to see that day. Although a number of people have great knowledge of London, I am not aware of any planning which takes place for this ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The rides I have been on in London most certainly were not predefined or scripted and seemed to adapt to the time people have available and what they wish to see that day. Although a number of people have great knowledge of London, I am not aware of any planning which takes place for this ride.

No planning really.
Though I usually have one as back up if others haven't got a plan.
So yet's it's made up on fly as to peoples suggestions.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I have been on a fair few forum rides and have experienced both end of the scales. I kidded myself a few years ago that I was fit and went and did one of TF's fixed Rutland rides. Never have I been so embarassed at my shocking level of fitness and fair play to TF who kept with me all the way, changed the route midpoint to cut out a fair few hills and even was helping pushing me towards the end. Not once did he moan and stuck with me.

I vowed to that day that never again would I be so under prepared and it is why I always try and head to Rutland to support his rides in thanks to the support he (and Dr_Pink) showed me on that day.

As long as the mileage, time, start and end point are mentioned then these things can always be tweaked and is they way they work best

Also, clinging onto a slightly too fast ride with all you are worth is a very very good way to improve your own cycling! Not really a social situation, but it is definitely an experience that helps you in the long term.

Unless (shock!^_^ ) your not actually out to improve and instead just want to bimble around with friends looking at stuff and stopping for coffee/cake.:hungry:

Not every ride is a sports/training ride and I think the misunderstanding by people that haven't been on any sort of group ride that it isnt always a case of us all trying to be Bradley Wiggins that puts them off?

And of course on the flipside of that its no use the like of me coming on a training/fast ride as I'll simply make my excuses and slink off early:blush:

lukesdad

as Ian has said its a question of percevering the welsh group started with myself banjo and TC for a long time but since the group has grown and the rides are now well supported. They re not for everybody, but we try to make it evident what the rides will entail, unless we re trying to hoodwink some one in particular to come along ^_^ she knows who she is ! but even then I think she enjoyed it in the end. Didn t you ! The thing is don t get disheartened if at first you don t get many turning up. Keep organising word will get round and the numbers will swell.

Having said that Im not organising any more coz they all moan too much :whistle:

Top Bottom