Forum rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If people want organised rides... then get organising. It's does takes a little time and effort, but boy is it worth it in the end.

If anyone who want's a few pointers in how to organise a ride then put a shout out, Myself, Colin, MartinT, DelZ, Lukesdad, The Scottish mob and other's who organise group rides would be more then happy to help.

400bhp

Guru
Exactly, a forum ride is a social ride, not a training ride or a "beat my chest and look at how good I am" ride. If there was a call for fast rides on the forum then surely we would see a lot more requests for them. A fast ride by the way would be around 17 mph over rolling terrain and 19 mph on flat stuff, I digress. For me a forum ride is about meeting new people, catching up with others and riding new routes.
Today I met vikeonabike, he actually does exist and I rode a bit with him, amazing!

Does that include those that refuse to go in the smaller front ring too? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1258

Well it all depends. If the ring you're using has 53 teeth, chances are you're in the right one!! :thumbsup:

I don't have a 53 on my geared bike, my big one is 48 but I don't use it, I'm always on the 42, I hope I'm doing it right?^_^

Just looked and i use the big ring a lot - 42's quite a big gear isn't it :huh:

its all I use when I'm on gears, it is quite big I think? :blink:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There's a smaller front ring??
There are two of them! (For some of us ...) :thumbsup:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes you a right.
I can see why people would get despondent at the thought of being left behind (Stuaff excepted - as he just keeeeeeps on going with a grimace smile on his mush :smile:). No one should get left behind and on our rides I am proud to say that was/would never be the case.
You see, the thing is, with you lot I know (i) You will be waiting up the road sooner or later and (ii) If there is a turn, it will be marked. As opposed to (please insert rant about the NotLeJOG here). Despondency reduced considerably by those two factors!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The last forum ride I did was the one to Otley back in July. It was one of my typical hard and hilly routes. I was struggling even more than usual on some savage gradients, and in windy conditions, and at one point came within a minute or two of a full-blown bonk but was saved by donations of sugary snacks from the other riders. I kept people waiting for ages at the top of every climb, but nobody moaned at me. At least on that ride I did have a decent excuse for my slowness - I was only days away from collapsing with a pulmonary embolism! :thumbsup:

Probably a good job they decided to dig up the road up the chevin colin otherwise you would have tried to cycle up it which wouldnt have been a great idea.

Top Bottom