England : West Yorkshire Forum WALK - Stoodley Pike from Hebden Bridge, now takes place Sun 7th Apr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll still be on crutches so won't be able to, but am keen to come walking if you have any more strolls out planned.
I might arrange another walk at the end of April and one at the end of May, but I'll have to check what local cycling events are on to try and avoid any clashes. Hopefully, you will have ditched the crutches by then?

Of course, at some point I hope to be cycling again but I think that it will be months before I can manage another forum RIDE.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The office "do" is confirmed for 5 April so it looks as if I shall be coming along.

Better dust off the old moleskin breeches, 3 ft ice axe, hemp rope and tricouni nailed boots. You chaps will be adequately equipped, I trust?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The office "do" is confirmed for 5 April so it looks as if I shall be coming along. Better dust off the old moleskin breeches, 3 ft ice axe, hemp rope and tricouni nailed boots. You chaps will be adequately equipped, I trust?
Excellent!

Hopefully, the weather will have improved by then but I do have a pair of overtrousers somewhere which I can fish out if they are needed. I've only worn them a couple of times in 20 years because I tend to overheat when wearing them.

If it is dry but cold, I'll wear a fleece jacket which has a wind-resistant lining/outer (it's reversible) but it isn't waterproof so if it is raining it will be a proper waterproof for me on the day.

Stoodley Strollers:
  • ColinJ
  • bromptonfb
  • potsy
  • PaulB + MrsB
  • Globalti
  • Cubist? (If not working)
  • trio25? (If not up in the Lakes)
  • Arch and Night Train? (If Arch not at work do & NT up for it)
  • Steve H (Nope - that day has been 'otherwise pre-allocated')

Any more would-be forum walkers?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Mrs B sends her excuses in the event of rain! As I always tell her, you want to walk and you live in England, you have to walk in English weather whatever it's doing. She doesn't like her hair-do being messed up!

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Hi Colin
If there is room for another one then I would like to come along. I am in the right mood for a good walkabout. Plus it gets me out of working on a Saturday morning which I can do without.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Mrs B sends her excuses in the event of rain! As I always tell her, you want to walk and you live in England, you have to walk in English weather whatever it's doing. She doesn't like her hair-do being messed up!
I'll do my anti-rain dance a couple of days before the walk, but there's not much more I can do! :thumbsup:

Hi Colin
If there is room for another one then I would like to come along. I am in the right mood for a good walkabout. Plus it gets me out of working on a Saturday morning which I can do without.
There's plenty of room out on the hills, and I'm sure that we can find a cafe to accommodate us all back in HB afterwards!

The latest Stoodley Strollers list:
  • ColinJ
  • bromptonfb
  • potsy
  • PaulB (+ MrsB if it isn't likely to rain!)
  • Globalti
  • bicyclos
  • Cubist? (If he is not working)
  • trio25? (If she is not up in the Lakes)
  • Arch and Night Train? (If Arch is not at work do & NT is up for it)

Arch

Married to Night Train
We're still mithering - I don't have to work, but we might be a last minute decision.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm out, I'm working now :-(
Bad luck - see you another time!
We're still mithering - I don't have to work, but we might be a last minute decision.
A.k.a. a 'sleet, snow, freezing fog, icy rain and bitter winds check'! :laugh:

The latest Stoodley Strollers list:
  • ColinJ
  • bromptonfb
  • potsy
  • PaulB (+ MrsB if it isn't likely to rain!)
  • Globalti
  • bicyclos
  • Cubist? (If he is not working)
  • Arch and Night Train? (If they stop mithering :whistle: )

potsy

Rambler
I've got an alternative offer if for some reason this walk doesn't go ahead, couple of my colleagues have arranged a ride out on Saturday, never ridden with either of them before but am quite keen to, typical that they arrange it for this weekend :rolleyes:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I've got an alternative offer if for some reason this walk doesn't go ahead, couple of my colleagues have arranged a ride out on Saturday, never ridden with either of them before but am quite keen to, typical that they arrange it for this weekend :rolleyes:
Sorry to anybody having second thoughts about their ability to stroll further than to the nearest cafe or car park, but the walk will go ahead unless:
  • There is a serious environmental disaster in the area - e.g. a 7 km sink hole opens up on our route; an asteroid strikes; Calderdale is unexpectedly hit by a massive volcanic eruption ...
  • Weather conditions become so appalling in the NW that nobody would dare risk going out on a bike ride instead!
  • My bad leg falls off/My bad heart stops beating/My bad lungs give up on me.
  • A crazed gunman is on the loose.
  • Rabid sheep begin random attacks on unwary ramblers.
  • Anything else that makes it seem like A Very Bad Idea at the time!
:thumbsup:

Top Bottom