Fossy's Back Up after being Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
happy birthday :birthday:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Sorry folks, been fairly busy sorting out the Police report and returns for my solicitors. Wife arrived from the hospital with a bag of drugs, which I'm only taking the anti-blood clot injections for another two weeks - my wife gets to shove them in my stomach every day :wacko:. Got a supply of laxatives and morphine.

Can't say I need the laxatives as they filled me with them before leaving on Friday and I've been rushing to the loo (well rush would not be the correct word).

Still rather sore and my back feels like glass. Can't get comfortable, so I'm sleeping on the settee as my wife doesn't cope well with disturbed sleep.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Well Police phoned back. Not going to prosecute, as the driver I passed said she had stopped for the car, so apparently it's ok for a driver not to check for filtering bikes (of any type).

The officer hasn't seen my side of it, hasn't spoken to the driver or indeed the officer at the scene who said the driver was clearly at fault and had admitted liability (he actually said he wasn't going to speak to the officer who was at the scene, Un bloody believe able. )

I'm going to leave it to Leigh Day to sort out as this should have been investigated 6 weeks ago by another Team. Bloody stinks, one lazy officer.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well Police phoned back. Not going to prosecute, as the driver I passed said she had stopped for the car, so apparently it's ok for a driver not to check for filtering bikes (of any type).

The officer hasn't seen my side of it, hasn't spoken to the driver or indeed the officer at the scene who said the driver was clearly at fault and had admitted liability (he actually said he wasn't going to speak to the officer who was at the scene, Un bloody believe able. )

I'm going to leave it to Leigh Day to sort out as this should have been investigated 6 weeks ago by another Team. Bloody stinks, one lazy officer.
Been there, know how that part of it feels. I found out slightly quicker than you though. Address as given by the driver didn't sound right. Out with the A-Z and the phone book.

May sound daft, but any idea who made the actual call to the police/ambulance to report the incident?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Think it was the lady behind me that had slowed at the junction for the car that called the ambulance. All she has said is that she had stopped for the car. It was stop start slow traffic anyway. I'd passed her then hit the car as it turned.

It's amazing how invisible cyclists are ?

Top Bottom