Fossy's Back Up after being Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got another set of colleagues wanting to come and see me - booked in for two weeks today, but after work at my local. :cheers: Had a message via twitter this evening !!!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I saw the physio this morning. I seem to have a good range of movement, so he advised on a number of stretches. I asked about exercise, and using the Turbo has the go ahead, so long as I take it easy. I can also try swimming and maybe light weights at the gym. The physio doesn't want to do any manipulation until we have the CT Scan results.

Sooo, just swam 20 lengths, that's all - hard work but stopped before I got sore. :okay:

Katherine

Guru
I saw the physio this morning. I seem to have a good range of movement, so he advised on a number of stretches. I asked about exercise, and using the Turbo has the go ahead, so long as I take it easy. I can also try swimming and maybe light weights at the gym. The physio doesn't want to do any manipulation until we have the CT Scan results.

Sooo, just swam 20 lengths, that's all - hard work but stopped before I got sore. :okay:

That's fantastic news! Well done.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
How long ago was it now? End of November so that makes it 3 months, you're probably doing pretty well for someone that has had a broken spine and certainly not disappointing progress. I hope it continues and you are not tempted to push to hard and suffer a set-back, small steady improvements are the key (That's an order!).

When are you going to start drip feeding us details of the Fossy comeback ride? :okay:

oldstrath

Über Member
True, but if you haven't read The Invisible Gorilla, it's well worth the effort, and very sobering. There are deep-seated reasons why there are so many SMIDSYs - we can think we are looking, but actually our brain isn't seeing what's really there. Knowing that intuitions, on which our brains rely for manageable data processing, can lead to fatal mistakes in certain scenarios, is an important first step in risk management. But, if the evidence from TIG is accurate, then telling people to look more carefully will only bring limited results: it's more complicated than that, and the way our brains learn to process information is the key.

If TIG is correct, it's actually evidence that generally drivers are unsafe. It also suggests to me that being 'sociable' with lighting is erroneous - we have to be perceived as threatening. Roll on driverless cars, or preferably carless drivers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Best of luck with the swimming @fossyant

Despite the fact that I dislike it quite a lot, I found that it was a really effective recovery exercise when getting my leg back. Hope its good for you and not too boring.

Top Bottom