Fossy's Fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
At last...it's in my hands...... this is the new commuter......:angry:

Been out on it for a quick 13 hilly miles in between rain showers, looking after kids and fixing the brother's PC.

It's all dialled in correctly, just leaving the steerer for now, then will get it cut.

Legs are feeling it though - fine on anything other than long down hills, just can't maintain the rpm at present, but it's early days. Currently running 63" with a 69" on the other side. My general RPM was between 70 (up hill) and 130, with a max at 150 on the quick route.

DSCF2930.jpg

DSCF2924.jpg

DSCF2922.jpg

Nice, very nice...

Chain's slack :angry:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Yep, it was worth the wait....4 months since I first spotted it - mainly work's CTW delay's, then about 3 weeks to get the frame ordered. It climbs surprisingly well, just my legs struggle going down hill. No rack, sticking with the rucksack, but it's got the braise on's.

Got a discount on the Cateye Double Wireless and on a Red Bell Sweep - the Blue Volt doesn't go with this bike...... and two matching red Bike Shop bottles.... oh what a tart.

The wheels are 32h handbuilt on CXP 33's - Formula hubs (LBS recommended as they are tough, and are cheap and easy to replace bearings....)

Ritchey Pro stem, Comp bars (too long a wait for the Pro's) and a carbon seat pin - needs cutting down, as it's an MTB one - I had to lop an inch off as the bottom was catching the bottle bolts (the LBS threw it in cheap anyway).....

Oh weighs in at a smidge over 8kgs with pedals, computer etc, so not bad at all.....

MajorMantra

Very nice!

If you don't want to power down descents you can sort of relax your legs and let the pedals pull them round. It uses more energy than descending with a freewheel but it's not bad. If you're tired on a steep descent you can always use the brakes to scrub some speed off.

Matthew

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Very nice. Pretty much the same as mine, but in a different colour and yours has mudguards and a smaller gear, and a back brake.
Very nice:becool:
Get used to that gear, then charge down a steep hill on it going as fast as you can to try and get the highest speed you can. Your legs will get a good spin and then as you go along the flat you will spin faster.
Well, thats what i used to do anyway. Id go down a hill and spin up to 200rpm, and do that every so often. My legs would naturally spin faster then.

montage

God Almighty
I like red bikes :evil:
especially that one

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
That's shocking, Fossy. Truly an ugly machine. I couldn't sleep at night knowing you travel on such a horrible bike.

I'll take it from you and you can revert to your beautiful MTB. No, no, don't thank me... that's what (internet) friends are for. :evil::biggrin:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Joe24 said:
Very nice. Pretty much the same as mine, but in a different colour and yours has mudguards and a smaller gear, and a back brake.
Very nice:becool:
Get used to that gear, then charge down a steep hill on it going as fast as you can to try and get the highest speed you can. Your legs will get a good spin and then as you go along the flat you will spin faster.
Well, thats what i used to do anyway. Id go down a hill and spin up to 200rpm, and do that every so often. My legs would naturally spin faster then.

Joe...I'm lots older than you, used to TT doing 57 25's, pushing big gears...I've just retrained to do 110 rpm on a road bike - it's gonna take a long time to do 200.......150 was maxed out for me today..... the big thighs didn't like it...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
fossyant said:
Joe...I'm lots older than you, used to TT doing 57 25's, pushing big gears...I've just retrained to do 110 rpm on a road bike - it's gonna take a long time to do 200.......150 was maxed out for me today..... the big thighs didn't like it...

I used to find my hips didnt like it on long hills:wacko:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

PS Joe..was sure it's most likely the same frame as yours after seeing your photo's - the smooth welds and smooth fork/head tube joint. PS I believe these frames are better than the Pearson...:evil:

Top Bottom