Fossy's Fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
fossyant said:
PS Joe..was sure it's most likely the same frame as yours after seeing your photo's - the smooth welds and smooth fork/head tube joint. PS I believe these frames are better than the Pearson...:evil:

As soon as i saw your frame i thought it was the same.
They are very nice:thumbsup:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Joe24 said:
I used to find my hips didnt like it on long hills:wacko:

Had some twinges from an old hamstring injury in my left leg, but this might just strengthen it...... it used to play up when I 'upped the miles', but hasn't done it for a long time...this did...:evil:

Tharg2007

Veteran
happy new bike!
I have some similar wheels, cxp33 on miche primato, excellent rims!
You got me wanting one of those cat eyes now :sad: quoting those stats is making me wonder what my cadence is like.

yenrod

Why do you want/ride a fixed Foss - your short changing / limiting yourself ie no gears !:biggrin: - I just dont get this fixed bike thing...

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Simplicity for commuting and a bike that takes guards - neither road bikes take guards, and I need the MTB back to what it's intended for as I didn't have a bike I could go out with the kids on..... Anyway n+1.....

Also learning to spin more/RPM flexibility. The lack of gears would be a problem if I went on some of my hilly rides, but this isn't for those extremes. It's also pretty good at building up strength - my weak hamstring on my left leg felt it...

Tharg2007

Veteran
Mike Rudkin said:
Oh !! I'm drooling-over 50 yrs since I rode a fixy. Must buy wife flowers,chocs and maybe even some jewelry:-)

Why do that? just spend the money on a new bike instead ;)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Been practising track stands in the cul-de-sac this morning, in trainers.. God it's loads harder than on a geared road bike..... I can't do it.......:becool:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
fossyant said:
Been practising track stands in the cul-de-sac this morning, in trainers.. God it's loads harder than on a geared road bike..... I can't do it.......:becool:
I've told you once, you stick with what you know, let Uncle Sharky take it off your hands and save you from making a fool of yourself. I'm just that kinda guy. :wacko:;)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Some more shots..photo bin has been playing up all weekend......

DSCF2928.jpg

DSCF2926.jpg

DSCF2927.jpg

Top Bottom