Fossy's Fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
:hello::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
Thats really clean. My fixed is stupidly dirty:blush::biggrin::blush:
My cheap fixed is even more dirty:blush:
The fixed TT bike is very very very very clean though:thumbsup:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ride was fine, just have to be a little careful filtering, and I leave a big gap behind cars until I'm more confident. Cruising speed was 21-23mph, max 30 (150 rpm)

Gearing was fine, got down the drag and up it fine - going up was pretty quick. Did get scalped by a Racelight through the traffic - he did a bit of naughty filtering.

No silly moments. The lad at work whose into his fixed had a quick spin on it...

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
fossyant said:
Been practising track stands in the cul-de-sac this morning, in trainers.. God it's loads harder than on a geared road bike..... I can't do it.......;)

Pics or tube of the U please ;)

Lovely looking bike BTW Foss.

colinr

That's a beautiful looking ride.
I still don't get gearing numbers, in simple terms are lower numbers harder or easier to pedal?

MajorMantra

colinr said:
That's a beautiful looking ride.
I still don't get gearing numbers, in simple terms are lower numbers harder or easier to pedal?

Easier. When you express the gear ratio in inches you are equating it to pedalling a wheel of that size directly, like on a kid's tricycle or a penny farthing. Bigger wheels require more effort to turn but for a given rpm they are obviously moving you along faster.

Matthew

beancounter

Very nice fixed bike.

Certainly vastly preferable to the recent prolieration of "the-frame-came-out-of-a-skip-the-parts-were-in-the-shed-the-bar-tape-cost-25p" shitters.

bc

Tharg2007

Veteran
beancounter said:
Very nice fixed bike.

Certainly vastly preferable to the recent prolieration of "the-frame-came-out-of-a-skip-the-parts-were-in-the-shed-the-bar-tape-cost-25p" shitters.

bc

dont knock em, sometimes these hacked fixed bikes ride superbly and can be better than most off the peg fixed bikes currently available.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
beancounter said:

bc

Oh, that's not nice - wish I could find a half decent frame lying about, or have enough 'spares' lying about..... :angry: I've got some spare canti's, a few cartridge headset bearings, 1 full headset, a pair of 653 forks, some knackered wheels, a spare pair of Aksiums...and that's it.....:angry:

Top Bottom