Foul weather

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by george at highbike, 20 Apr 2010.

1. george at highbike

george at highbike New Member

:laugh: You know it's strange I've just battled over the Black Isle on my bicycle, against a head wind that had me cycling hard to go downhill! It was raining and freezing.
    Struggled down slopes in low gear that I would normally cruise down downing twenty plus without turning the pedal.
    I'm now sitting with a coffee and a peanut butter piece, and I looking back at the ride, and do you know what? It was one of my best rides, that is to say one I am proudest off anybody can cycle on a nice sunny day but it takes a real cyclist to go out when the weather foul!
    Or am I just crazy?

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

You're just crazy. I gave up trying to prove myself years ago, nowadays I don't go out unless the sun is shining.

3. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Yes you are crazy, you have just gone soft and forgotten what wind is after the fine weather in the Highlands this past winter.
    :tongue::biggrin:

4. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Go for it George. Well done mate. :tongue:

I always remember riding around Cardigan Bay in a head wind. Gorse bushes were rolling towards us at a good rate. Later we discovered it had been a Force 8 we had been riding in. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice