Found abandoned bike that looks stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I find it easier to cycle than to walk when I'm under the influence of alcohol. Bicycles have a self-righting property whereas feet tend to stumble.
I would have to disagree. The only self righting ability of a cycle is getting off the floor and then getting back on the bike. The bruises and the damage to my helmet would suggest you are talking testicles. My dog would also disagree with you, as she gets quite peeved waiting for me to get up and catch up.

Reactions: C R

Nebulous

Guru
As a student a friend and I spent a lot of time on our bikes. One night on leaving the pub I fell off and acquired a significant amount of road rash on my face. We stopped in my friends flat, he couldn’t find any dressings, so he washed the worst of the gravel off and stuck on some brown parcel paper with sellotape.

Luckily my girlfriend was a nurse, and when I eventually got home she made a better job of cleaning up and dressing it. She was considerably less sympathetic than he was however.

Nebulous

Guru
I used to have a summer job working on the salmon nets near St Madoes, accommodation provided in a bothy. We'd sometimes go up to the Glencarse Inn, which was about a mile and a half from the bothy, for a few pints. One of the crew would sometimes take his Suzuki 250. On the way back it was usually four up. Rider, pillion, one sitting on the tank, one on the rear rack. It would most definitely have been safer to walk.

Fixed bag nets? I did that for several years as a schoolboy, coastal nets accessed from a coble. Most of the salmon fishermen were retired fishermen who were patient and exasperated in equal measure with us youngsters. Heard some very humbling stories about their wartime experiences.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I only tried drunken cycling once. I thought it would be a fun idea to ride down the road no-hands, with my eyes closed, laughing wildly... Fortunately, I opened my eyes about 1 second before I would have crashed into the back of a parked van, and managed to swerve round it. That kind of sobered me up...

A colleague had been to a party and was riding back along the Rochdale canal towpath in the early hours, the worse for wear. He managed to headbutt a low-flying canal bridge and knocked himself into the canal, which was nearly freezing at the time. He said that he sobered up pretty quickly too! If he actually knocked himself out, then he almost certainly would have drowned because there was anybody about to rescue him.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Fixed bag nets? I did that for several years as a schoolboy, coastal nets accessed from a coble. Most of the salmon fishermen were retired fishermen who were patient and exasperated in equal measure with us youngsters. Heard some very humbling stories about their wartime experiences.
No, net and coble but with sweep nets on the tidal River Tay.

Top Bottom