Found an issue...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I had the same problem and used a helmet mounted mirror or glasses mounted mirror as well as a right handlebar mirror. The one mounted to your head, as you turn your head, can cover a huge arc behind so you don't get sneaked up on by a Juggernaut. Now I ride recumbent only, even if I could comfortably turn my head I'd only see the road near my rear wheel, so I use two bar mounted mirrors, one either side, and a glasses mounted mirror to look back.

It makes sense and keeps you safe so buy a good quality mirror and try a glasses or helmet mounted one. Some people really can't use them, others adapt very quickly so it's a matter of try it and see. IF you can't get on with a head mounted mirror fit two right side mirrors, one plain glass the other curved to give a bigger arc of coverage to the rear. Better safe than hit by a car you didn't even know was there.

GreigM

Veteran
Unless you are an owl I think getting your chin in line with the shoulders is pretty decent ^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My instructor today said that if you have mobility problems with your neck/shoulder you could stand up on the pedals, move your torso to shoulder check.
Maybe worth practicing this?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I have a Zefal Spy mirror mounted on my right brake hood, and it's very effective. The mounting possibilities for this mirror are numerous, as it uses a rubber-band style mount (a very durable rubber band, by the way). Google it and you'll find various references to it.

potsy

Rambler
I have a Zefal Spy mirror mounted on my right brake hood, and it's very effective. The mounting possibilities for this mirror are numerous, as it uses a rubber-band style mount (a very durable rubber band, by the way). Google it and you'll find various references to it.
Same here, doesn't feel right without it :thumbsup:

I use the Mirrycle mirrors and have found that they are the more robust, easier toposition and less vibration than their competitors.

All my bikes have a mirror and some have 2!

MikeW-71

Veteran
I just tried and I can only get my chin in line with my shoulder too, that's usually enough to get a look behind. If I need a better look, I have to release my right hand to turn my shoulders.

If it will be easier, use a mirror.

Top Bottom