Four bladed razors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
SWMBO has just bought me a new Wilkinson four bladed wet razor, but in all honesty I cannot tell the difference between this one and my old trusty two bladed version?

Am I missing something???:tongue:

If fact, I don't like the feel of this new one at all, it feels like I'm dragged some huge cutting implement over my face.

And when it comes to shaving around my top lip, quite frankly it scares the living daylights out of me. It feels like one wrong move and my top lip will drop in the sink. :biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
nope, the best wet shave razor I've ever had was a Morrisons own brand that took their own brand twin blades. Of course this was discontinued and they moved up to a triple blade and it's not as good. I've tried most of them and found that the triple and quadruple blades seem to clog easier and last less time. I even fell for the Wilkinson Protector blades idea but the reality was poor.

Wolf04

Don't know about the Wilkinson razor but the Gillette version has a single blade on the back for fiddly bits like the top lip. Don't think it's the best a man can get but the blades last for months.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
MacB said:
nope, the best wet shave razor I've ever had was a Morrisons own brand that took their own brand twin blades. Of course this was discontinued and they moved up to a triple blade and it's not as good. I've tried most of them and found that the triple and quadruple blades seem to clog easier and last less time. I even fell for the Wilkinson Protector blades idea but the reality was poor.

Morrisons still do the twin bladed razor that has a slide on attachment.

Far better than anything else on the market IMHO

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Wolf04 said:
Don't know about the Wilkinson razor but the Gillette version has a single blade on the back for fiddly bits like the top lip. Don't think it's the best a man can get but the blades last for months.

I've just looked at my new one and this has a single blade on the back as well, but it looks a bit cut throat!

Space Alien

Tough being a mammal huh?

Norm

I've recently been involved with Gillette in product research, fascinating seeing some of the developments planned but kinda worrying too. I can't admit that I ever considered myself to be someone who could talk about razors for 2 hours but it turns out I was wrong. :ohmy:

Anyhoo, one of the upshots was that they lent me a Fusion (part of the research, it wasn't a standard one), and they have 5 blades with one on the back and I've got to say that I was muchly impressed with it.

I've been using the 3-bladed Mach 3 for about a million years and didn't really think there was enough wrong with it to warrant buying a new system with even more blades, but I loved the Fusion enough that I went out last week and bought my own when they took their one back.

That said, out of the four in my group a couple of weeks back, I thought it was close to perfect, 2 thought it started well but went blunt after 2/3 shaves and the fourth person hated it from the start.

MajorMantra

I've been using a Mach 3 (3 blades) for years without issues. A few days ago as an experiment I bought a basic Wilkinson double-edge safety razor of the old-school variety. Having used it a couple of times, it gives just as good a shave as the Mach 3, possibly better, and the blades cost pennies.

The Mach 3 is good if you're in a hurry because it's harder to cut yourself and it works very well for tricky areas like the backs of knees (hey, I'm a cyclist!) but you really don't need 2, 3, 5 or however many blades to get a good shave.

rusky

CC Addict
I use a double edge safety razor. Gives an excellent cut but it's something you need to learn otherwise you end up with lots of nicks & razor burn. With a Mach 3 you can be less careful!

Bandini

I got bought a Mach four blade for christmas by one of the kids one year. I had to leave it around the bathroom but gradually go back to my (now ten year old) Mach III. The other didn't feel as good.

Top Bottom