Four Lions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
I was going to go this evening but with some misgivings - I thought The Day Today was mildly amusing for the first couple of programmes but Brass Eye unwatchable from the start.

It does get 9.2/10 on IMDb, but that's on only 140 votes i.e. his mum and all his mates.

MacLean

The ironic thing is, is that because the families have brought this up and made a point about it, and is now been on the news etc... I am now more compulsed to go and see it.

Wouldnt have known about it if it wasn't on the news and although its maybe a bit selfish in this instance, I am for some reason attracted to contraversal things!

So yes I kinda do want to see it now!

wafflycat

From the trailer, it looks *hilarious* and I'm a great believer in humour as a way of dealing with threats. And I have a money-off voucher for the cinema ;)

Funtboy

Love his work so yes and the trailer's very funny indeed.

Notsoblue

I saw Four Lions this evening at the Barbican, with a foreword from Chris Morris, and an interview with him, Sam Baines, Jesse Armstrong and Kayvan Novak afterwards. Excellent movie. Absurd, subtle, hilarious and even moving in parts. Superb handling of the subject imo. Go see it if you like Chris Morris' work. Brilliant.

ASC1951

Guru
Flying_Monkey said:
Have you been indulging in Joss Ackland's spunky backpack or something?
You've completely lost me there, FM, so probably not.

The reviews I have seen for Four Lions suggest that it's the same as his other work - starts off well, runs out of ideas and the rest is an unfunny plod. I'll give it a miss.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
saw it last night. Fell asleep a few times, but we all agreed it was 'mildly diverting and almost worth the money'. It's funny, but not that funny - we laughed, but that might have been because we were high on cava and 'deluxe' peanuts. There's an attempt at pathos that should have been avoided. And the head falling out of the tree was an opportunity missed.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I want to go and see it, but its not the Good lady Wife's cup of tea so will have to wait for DVD.

NIce to see some good reviews about it though! could have easily gone wrong.

Top Bottom