fractured scapula - etc, recoverey time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
oldgreyandslow
On the turbo today did 15 minutes and absoluteley shattered after, just felt light headed and a bit nauseous, knee seems fine though. I guess I may have overdone it but I tried to take it really easy. Sort of scuppered my plan of taking the bike on the road for a 30 minute bimble on Saturday :angry:

I think I need to learnsome patience, the stitches aren't out yet and my chest still feels like its been bashed which is no doubt part of the scapula trauma still knocking around.

Patience, patience!

vickster

Legendary Member
Did the physio clear to ride in terms of ROM? I wouldn't do anything until the stitches are out, don't want to rush into it and upset the wounds (I am a veteran of 2 scopes in 2010)

Keith Oates

Janner
I,m also back in hospital and have had another operation to remove the two screws that were run almost the full length of the collarbone. The pain is quite bad and I have to go through the freeing up of the shoulder again. I had my accident 3 months ago and am very restricted in what I can do with the left arm. The good news was that I,ve been riding the bike for 6 weeks without too much trouble but I,ve been told by others that it could be 12 months before it gets fully recovered (maybe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
oldgreyandslow
Last night I decided to take the dressing patches off where the incisions on my knee were, and bugger me, no stiches! ^_^ They must have used disolvable ones, although I was told to get them removed after 2 weeks! Nothing to remove and it feels so much easier now, so I decided to give the bike a go.

9.8 miles., not quick 16mph average (thanks garnin edge 200) shoulder and chest felt it a bit but the knee seems good.

Maybe I will reach 4k this year after all.

For those of you kind enough to post on this thread with much needed and appreciated support thank you very much and hopefully this is the end of it.

Top Bottom