Frame Choice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Im not like those fixie hipster!

I just like a bike for getting around and its a singlespeed with a freewheel :tongue:

I'm just pulling your leg buddy, you gotta expect it with that whiteout paint job :biggrin:

OP
OP
D

david1701

found a gorgeous Raleigh Criterium in my size on the bay and am deeply tempted, CHROME FORKS are gorgeous when I get hold of it I'll decide if it needs paint or not but it comes with a crank and bb and headset seatpost ect which will cheapen the project quite a lot so lets me go a weee bit higher, needs brakes wheels a saddle and cables so shouldn't be too bad to build up.

OP
OP
D

david1701

dam sweet, I'm pretty happy with the red frame and chrome forks, but do I just go for stock silver handbuilts at 110 shipped or should I hunt for something deeper/coloured for sexyness? Aesthetic opinion req'd guys :biggrin:

OP
OP
D

david1701

I'm leaning towards black wheels so as not to be tooo blingy, thoughts frame is red with chrome forks

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
With chrome forks you've got to go for silver! Had a quick search on Ebay - it's a nice looking frame and it looks straight, hope you win it.

OP
OP
D

david1701

you think? I was worried silver wheels would look funny next to chrome for not being shiny enough

me too :biggrin:

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
you think? I was worried silver wheels would look funny next to chrome for not being shiny enough

me too :biggrin:

I didn't like my Langster Steel with chrome wheels, swopped them out for white rims and I think it looks much better for it TBH.

Each to their own :thumbsup:

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
dammit so I'm back to square one with white, silver and black rims all in the mix :biggrin:

My Langster Steel is on post 15 of this thread with white wheels, here's the bike how it's supplied with chrome wheels,

specialized-langster-steel-2010-road-bike.jpg

OP
OP
D

david1701

hmmmm, my big worry is the chrome forks looking gash with the wrong wheels, they could look awesome if done right...

OP
OP
D

david1701

yeah but your frame is white so it all gels v neatly besides no chrome forks to throw everything out :s

Top Bottom