Frame Protection Tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm wanting to protect the usual areas of a frame from chain slap and cable rub but am bewildered by the variety out there. Having done a few searches I'm hovering near the BIN button on this:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360383674...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

but am undecided as to whther this is the right stuff to get, the amount I need and the width required. I'm happy to cut and shape for the head tube parts but would rather get the right width for the chainstay.

I've never put anything like this on a frame before so any advice welcome

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Ta, any ideas of size etc?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I used the Bike Tart stuff - which worked very well for 3 years on my son's bike until I dropped it, and it fell against the neighbouring cycle stand, landing on the brake cable, the one bit without the protection underneath!! Sods Law!!! Next day, my son noticed it and wanted to know how the cable and frame had been damaged:whistle:

I'm wanting to protect the usual areas of a frame from chain slap and cable rub but am bewildered by the variety out there. Having done a few searches I'm hovering near the BIN button on this:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360383674...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

but am undecided as to whther this is the right stuff to get, the amount I need and the width required. I'm happy to cut and shape for the head tube parts but would rather get the right width for the chainstay.

I've never put anything like this on a frame before so any advice welcome

Thats the stuff you need, nice and thick. Got the thin stuff first before I realised that 0.32mm or thereabouts is what you really need

I have bought the 1m x 100cm, there's enough there for years

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

You don't need to worry, MacB. The chain and cables only really slap or rub against the frame when the bike moves.

hah, assuming it's for my bike are you smarty pants!!!!!!!!!!

By the way I ordered metre of the 50mm width to complement the frame kit I'd already ordered, we'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom