Frame Size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Candy

Hi all

I am hoping to sign up to an Evans Ride It event next weekend using their demo bikes (ours were stolen). One of ours was a 56cm frame, the only bikes available from Evans are 54cm or 58cm, which would be best, larger or smaller?

Thanks

C

PpPete

Legendary Member
How much seat pin did you have showing on the 56cm?
If lots & lots - go for the 58cm, but try it out first, the length of the top tube is just as important as the height of the saddle, and you can be very uncomfortable if too stretched forward to reach the bars.
If too scrunched up on the 54cm, ask if the can fit a longer stem for you.

jimboalee

It'll be just the same as hiring a bike from a bike rental on holiday.

They will look at you and suggest a bike for you to ride.

Perfect size for me is 55cm. My Spesh is a 54.

Last time in California, I hired a Giant which was 53.5cm.

Felt fantastic and I rode from San Francisco to San Jose rtn ( 100 miles ) without any problems.

Go for the smaller before the larger.

PS Evans aren't going to prat about changing stems for a one day hire. If its 10 - 15mm away from theory, you will adapt your riding style to compensate.

02GF74

Über Member
jimboalee said:
If its 10 - 15mm away from theory, you will adapt your riding style to compensate.

yeah but read the original post - it is 20 mm in this case, so wot to do?:welcome:

OP
OP
C

Candy

Thanks for the replies - you have to request the bike before the event so I'm not sure there will be an option to swap on the day if the wrong one was chosen, but you never know...............

Top Bottom