Frank Bough Of Grandstand fame passes away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
He was never charged or convicted with anything unlawful. Trial by tabloid. At worst he did no one any harm.

Using cocaine finances the hierarchical criminal enterprise of drug dealing.

About the best you could say about Bough is he used his own money to buy his gear, rather than directly committing a crime to finance his use.

He was still helping to fund the criminal lifestyle of his dealer.

So about the same level of crime as buying a stolen bike?
(which I'm *guessing* could be about the same price!)

It's an Offence for good reason, but he didn't murder Chris Boardman. pfft.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Indeed. What he did in his own time was his business if it wasn't hurting anyone else. R.I.P. Frank.
That's what i said to Mrs Accy after she'd found my bondage gear and whips in the attic,but no she wasn't for listening and out the door i went!!:unsure:

Brains

Legendary Member
Back in the mid 80's I was working with a chart topping rock band who were interviewed by Frank on breakfast TV

The band unsurprisingly were not unfamiliar with recreational substances, indeed one member was known as 'Hoover', which was not on account of her housekeeping prowess.

Having turned up at the BBC at 5am, straight from the previous nights gig, they were astounded to be offered a 'toot' all round from Frank, who was very obviously off his head at that time in the morning, an hour before he was due in front of an audience of millions

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You think criminal gangs don't steal bikes? Is there some demarcation now - strict union rules that all toerags must follow??

How many be-headings do you think are triggered by £200 grudges?

It's all the same stuff ...
I'm saying that cocaine comes from psycho toerags in South America who behead people and people who buy it are colluding in the crimes. (I have had this discussion with people who buy the damn stuff and they have seriously tried to say that since they wouldn't personally behead someone, it is nothing to do with them! :wacko:)

Just as people who buy stolen bikes are encouraging thieves to steal them, only that crime is many times less serious.

I don't think it's a victimless crime ... just that you need to buy a lot of merchandise in the leafy streets of Berkshire, to support the beheading activities of even 1 toerag in South America.
Do you think those gangs would all be useful citizens if there was no drug trade?

Actually I don't think it has derailed - folk discusssing the departed in a balanced manner.

@Pale Rider did make some valid points about the drugs - I think I was pretty unaware of the drugs angle, let alone that it was cocaine.

I still don't think it should have derailed his career though (I'd bet my house on many of those writing the articles having done similar dabbling) and still think that a lot of it had to do with sheer prurience.

So RIP Frank, and fark 'em.

Top Bottom