Frank Schleck positive test

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Flying_Monkey, 17 Jul 2012.

1. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Frank Schleck has apparently had a positive test for Xipamide, a diuretic, whose most obvious doping use would be to reduce the concentration of some other chemical in the urine... so far, this is only the initial finding. Much to be investigated, but can't say I am very surprised given the brothers' previous adventures.

2. raindog

raindog er.....

oh dear

3. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Here we go again .....

4. OP
    OP
    Flying_Monkey

There's no way he's going to have a doctor's note for this one - it's only really used legitimately in the treatment of various kinds of oedema and hypertension. The worst of it is, even with possible illicit assistance he's still been shoot.

5. Hacienda71

Hacienda71 Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

6. raindog

raindog er.....

What ever it's masking or flushing, it isn't much cop is it? If I were Frank, I think I'd be asking for my money back.

Mad Doug Biker, GBC, david k and 2 others like this.
  7. jesus - doping and STILL riding like an old dog. Just imagine how much worse he would have been without the drugs....

8. blown out the back

blown out the back New Member

TACS AND TESTOSTERONE whatever next its not like he was top of the GC as long as theres big money in sport you will never stop cheating, doping,or fixing its the law you just have to accept it and roll with it win some lose more lol..

9. OP
    OP
    Flying_Monkey

If this does turn out to be confirmed, 1. it would surely be the nail in the coffin for Radioshack-Nissan, and 2. given the very close family relationships, it would also be hard not to suspect that Andy knew.

10. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Just confirms what we all suspected tho.

11. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

It does doesn't it and neither were really bright enough to keep it hidden long.

12. raindog

raindog er.....

I think the team was going down anyway, but this could just be a Schleck family thing. There have been suspicions in the past.

13. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

There'll be some long faces in the Schleck household tonight.

14. OP
    OP
    Flying_Monkey

15. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

i dont think its a shame when someone fails a doping test , i think its sad that they did it in the first place

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice