Fraud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimbut

Hi, found myself the victim of Debit card fraud
yesterday. Card not stolen or ever out of sight so def. compromised online. I have only purchased online this year from Ryanair and 3 cycling goods companies. Now if I recall some time ago someone mentioned a cycle goods company that had a bad rep for online credit card details leaking. Before I list the 3 companies that I have purchased from ( who all appeared to give excellent service BTW) does anyone know the company concerned ? You just have to trust me on this BUT I will say if the company you`ve mentioned is one of those I have purchased from. Thank you in advance.

Tharg2007

Veteran
i had the same recently but have bought loads on line from lots of different places. Would be interesting if everyone that has had this happen to them but purchased from several cycle stores post the cycle stores they used to see if a pattern emerges.

Tharg2007

Veteran
numbnuts said:
JimBut,

before throwing shoot at the fan make sure you have all your facts right, after all we don’t want a witch hunt like before

no need to point the finger at anyone, just list all the retailers used before card was compromised and then once everyone does this a pattern will emerge, this pattern will be there for people to make their own conclusions therefore removing any possibility of slanderous accusations.

gavintc

Guru
Be careful on this one. We do not want CC being sued by a company for defamation. I advise extreme caution on this one.

jimboalee

This has happened to me five times.

£2400 total.

Mostly mobile phones, top-up cards and online clothes retailers.

There were two German kids buying toy soldiers from a shop in New York. That was £900.

Nationwide BS took care of it.

Bman

Guru
gavintc said:
Be careful on this one. We do not want CC being sued by a company for defamation. I advise extreme caution on this one.

Surely all posts are the opinions of the individual user and do not necessarily reflect the views of CC. ;)

gavintc

Guru
Bongman said:
Surely all posts are the opinions of the individual user and do not necessarily reflect the views of CC. ;)

I am not legally trained, but I seem to remember a comment that a website can be held liable for a comment made on it. I believe that is one of the roles of the moderators.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
So we could list the companies and as long as Shaun removes the thread permanently as inappropriate posts when he becomes aware of it later then he is protected....?

Have you ever used your car in a petrol station? Has a waiter ever taken it away at a restaurant? etc.

There are many ways to get your card details that aren't necessarily online.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ours was skimmed in a curry restaurant. We went on to buy £1700 worth of saris, sweets, petrol, meals, hotel rooms and cashbacks for a Mrs Baig, bless her. She enjoyed our hospitality 37 times before Halifax stopped the card. And all in the 2 days before Christmas Eve.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
'er indoors was skimmed in an opticians. They bought a mountain load of booze and hired a car that was then reported stolen.

Bman

Guru
No agreed, neither am I, but as far as Im aware, as long as the forum has a disclaimer they are untouchable.... (providing they conform to any Cease and Desist). And I doubt it would be worth any time/money chasing a single forum user for a civil matter.

Top Bottom