1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fred Likes Bikes

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by goo_mason, 8 May 2008.

1. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

First, Fred MacAuley has Magnatom on his Radio Scotland show, and now this (from the EBC newsletter):

Radio - the Bicycle of the Media World

Radio is to television what bicycles are to cars. The earlier invention has many advantages over its bigger, brasher successor. In the 1950s, people forecast that radio was in terminal decline. They said the same about the bicycle. Today, more new bicycles are sold in Britain per annum than cars. Just as more people still wake up to the trannie than the telly.

To celebrate this synergy, Radio Scotland (92-95FM, 810MW, digital and online) will be offering tips on buying a new bicycle, live from the Bruntsfield branch of Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op, on Friday 9 May on MacAuley & Co, which goes out between 10.00 and 11.00am.​

The Magnatom effect ? Or is Fred already a cyclist ?

2. Stig-OT-Dump

Stig-OT-Dump Über Member

Well, he lives near me but I've never seen him out on a bike.

That doesn't mean much though, I'm pretty much face-blind and he'd be at work when I set out in the morning (& I bet he finishes before me too!)

3. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

I'll have to nip in and ask him...

Next you know Three From Leith will getting in on the act and podcasting it... ;)

4. magnatom

magnatom Guest

So goo, how much will you pay me for an appearance? :biggrin:

5. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

In Leftpondia, being a "Fred" is not a good thing on a bike.

6. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

Is this the guy who sometimes guests on the R4 News Quiz ?

7. goo_mason

That's him indeed. He was on top form last week on The News Quiz !

8. goo_mason

No no no... you got it all wrong - you pay ME to appear :evil:

(Sadly there's no money in podcasting for me; it's a hobby that costs me a lot of time and money to produce something that thousands can listen to for free. However, it's great fun, I've made friends across the world from it, I've been able to hear thousands of great unsigned bands I'd never have heard otherwise, I've been reviewed on Radio 1, I've done the "This is a download from the BBC" ident for Radio5 Live and I've been able to communicate with and play music by some of my childhood heros who're now on their own, small indie labels !)