Freddie Grubb Meteor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
For the last couple of weeks I have seen one of these chained to the railings outside a pub I watch the football , the paint job is very tired and the decals are just about visible/legible , all the components are non original but the forks and frame appear to be original , they are an early 50's bike from what I can gather, if its there next week I may leave a note on it to see if the owner may sell it , what would be a ball park figure for bike such as this ? , ( it was dark and wet tonight so no pics , )

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Always a tough question could be between £20 and a couple of hundred or even more

See what reply you get when you ask the question and let us know oh and dome pics please

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Surely if it is used to get to and from the pub the owner would want enough to replace it with something a bit better and some left over for a few drinks.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Surely if it is used to get to and from the pub the owner would want enough to replace it with something a bit better and some left over for a few drinks.
Bit better than a Grubb, a curly Hetchins maybe? ^_^

Don't think it's going to be close to the original price.
download.jpeg

Last edited:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
The value depends on the condition of the bike and the quality of the components. Does it look well maintained or past its best? If so maybe the owner doesn't realise what he's got and has let it go a bit.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
It looks very tired as said , but straight, ive a feeling it belongs to a shop worker as its in the middle of town , i would only like to give a fair price, Grubbs seem to have some value , in my minds eye id be at 100-150 in present condition , would need a paint job , anyway ill ask and see ,i could swap a Giant MTB for it with say a 50 spot throw in if its only a commuter ,

Top Bottom