Free Ride Analyser?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crazyjoe101

I've decided to try a little bit of structured training with some intervals etc. and I've just done my first rough threshold HR test and I was wondering what programs/services people use to analyse individual rides or keep track of training over a period of time.
Strava gives an alright overview but it doesn't really allow for in depth viewing of data and I dislike Garmin Connect's interface. I've heard Training Peaks recommended but I also seem to remember one which installs to your computer and works from there but I can't recall the name.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If you want more from Strava and use Chrome then check out - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stravistix-for-strava/dhiaggccakkgdfcadnklkbljcgicpckn

You can also look at http://www.goldencheetah.org/ for offline data analysis.

zizou

Veteran
Training Peaks is probably the best, however the free version is very basic. Golden Cheetah can do most of what the paid version of Training Peaks does, however the downside is that it is more difficult to use and the interface isnt very friendly.

S-Express

I've decided to try a little bit of structured training with some intervals etc. and I've just done my first rough threshold HR test and I was wondering what programs/services people use to analyse individual rides or keep track of training over a period of time.

There's not really that much to analyse with HR. The only things that matter are your HR level, and how long you spend at whatever level(s) you are targeting. Assuming you have some kind of training plan to follow, then that's all you need to do. Realistically, a pen and paper is all you need.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Golden Cheetah is free and let's you analyse absolutely everything you'll ever need and more. its at least worth a try.....if you don't like it then feel free to give training peaks some of your hard earned

MistaDee

I utilize training peaks as it enables my coach and nutritionist to interact with me through the platform.
Really like it a great deal.

Top Bottom