Free Wheels (from a Skip) ha ha

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
My neighbour was throwing out some road bike wheels. I'd not spoken to the neighbour before and I thought there must be something very wrong with the wheels but they looked OK. I knocked on the door and asked if I could take them. He said he replaced them as the freehub was stuck. It was, very.

I took them anyway as they were true and perhaps I could replace the freebub. I smothered the freehub with penetrating oil and left them overnight. The next day I tried to free the freehub, but not joy, Later on I tried to remove the freehub but then hey presto, the freehub started spinning!!!!! Thats not to say it won't jam again but hopefully not.

They are Oval Concepts, 700c and in mint condition - YIPEEEE!!!!

https://www.roadbikereview.com/threads/review-oval-733-alloy-clincher-wheelset.379977/

Sharky

Guru
Well done. Are you going to offer them back to your neighbour? It will put you in a good place should you need a favour from your neighbour in the future.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Whatever happened to Skipdiverjohn?

Jameshow

Veteran
My neighbour was throwing out some road bike wheels. I'd not spoken to the neighbour before and I thought there must be something very wrong with the wheels but they looked OK. I knocked on the door and asked if I could take them. He said he replaced them as the freehub was stuck. It was, very.

I took them anyway as they were true and perhaps I could replace the freebub. I smothered the freehub with penetrating oil and left them overnight. The next day I tried to free the freehub, but not joy, Later on I tried to remove the freehub but then hey presto, the freehub started spinning!!!!! Thats not to say it won't jam again but hopefully not.

They are Oval Concepts, 700c and in mint condition - YIPEEEE!!!!

https://www.roadbikereview.com/threads/review-oval-733-alloy-clincher-wheelset.379977/

Bargain decent wheels and a step up from Mavic Askim / rs10 tbh.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I read the title and thought great idea to put skips on wheels and was a bit disappointed to find I was wrong.
They're all over the country's roads if you look 👍

ure.com%2Fpagefiles%2F21061%2Fevoque_convertible_1.jpg

Whatever happened to Skipdiverjohn?
I asked this question a while ago; he's about just not so cycle-centric IIRC.

Top Bottom