1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

French or Italian?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Helmets and Shoes' started by Accy cyclist, 13 Aug 2016.

?
  1. The red white and blue

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. The green white and red

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  1. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Regular

What's the best trick to not get too hot in a woollen jersey?

2. Don't wear anything under it?

3. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Don't wear it at all!

4. Well i've worn wool and it doesn't make ME sweat.:headshake:

5. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Regular

Somehow I always get very hot in them, or at least that's what I believe I remember.. maybe I should give it another go..

6. I wore a wool jersey for the first time, last summer. I always imagined them to be mad hot. After all,why would a wool jumper on a bike ride be anything else, but surprisingly they're as cool if not cooler than polyester/lycra. You think of wool and imagine it to be like those chunky wool winter jumpers your grandma knitted for you,but the wool on modern jerseys is cotton thin and does wick sweat away. The only drawback is when you wash it and you have to wait a day for it to dry. (don't use fabric conditioners as they affect the sweat wicking)

Last edited: 1 Dec 2016
  7. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Regular

Thanks Accy, now I'm pretty sure I will try one!

Accy cyclist likes this.
  8. I bought the French one as well as the Belgium jersey. I thought the 20% off was just for one jersey but i activated the code to see if it was for others and it worked. So i got 2 jerseys for £115.95. The £3.95 p&p covered both items.

9. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Regular

Sounds like a good deal!

Accy cyclist likes this.

10. It arrived today. It's more grey than blue.:smile:

MarquisMatsugae likes this.
  11. Lucky beggar.

Accy cyclist likes this.
  12. I haven't even opened them yet to see if they fit. I'm supposed to be saving them for Christmas Day so if i open them i'll probably end up wearing them now.:stop:

13. Go on go on go on go on.
    You want to don't you?

14. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

For the umpteenth time, it is NOT red white and blue BUT blue white and red. Please take note for future time.

15. Ignorance Britannique @gavroche

gavroche likes this.