French

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
So that why you post so many double entendres.

He does like to slip one in.

compo

Veteran
When I joined the French Foreign Legion I couldn't speak a word of French (and I wasn't alone). Amazing what push ups and other assorted humiliations can do to assist your learning, plus being virtually banned from speaking anything but French right from day one. I also gained a good smattering of German as well.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a degree but it was a very loooong time ago. Can happily read, but speaking and understanding less easy

German too, which is (and always was) much better!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Try one of the many exchange sites on the internet? There are loads. The internet is rammed full of people wanting to learn English or improve their spoken (often for jobs, college, uni).

I'm learning Italian and text/video chat with some Italians a few times a week. I started learning Italian a year and a half ago but wish I'd done the video aspect of it earlier. I learn quite a lot of words through reading and studying, but it's a bit like eating cat biscuits - they go in and a lot of them tumble back out again. With spoken I've found the retention rate goes up quite substantially. There are the other obvious benefits too.

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

Try one of the many exchange sites on the internet? There are loads. The internet is rammed full of people wanting to learn English or improve their spoken (often for jobs, college, uni).

I'm learning Italian and text/video chat with some Italians a few times a week. I started learning Italian a year and a half ago but wish I'd done the video aspect of it earlier. I learn quite a lot of words through reading and studying, but it's a bit like eating cat biscuits - they go in and a lot of them tumble back out again. With spoken I've found the retention rate goes up quite substantially. There are the other obvious benefits too.

I'm not sure why but the whole idea of speaking to foreigners online doesn't appeal to me. I don't even like skyping my other half when he's been away for weeks... It feels alien to me. Which is annoying in many, many ways.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Watch the news in French.
[media]

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t_RjTBQMYE
[/media]

Ooooh la la; Melissa, je t'aime! :wub:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

All good advice, 8 out of 10 people would probably agree with you.

Top Bottom