Frequency of power meter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,
I am new to this topic, and if anybody could help me, I would be grateful.
We are trying to do academic research by utilizing power meters. Right now, we are in possession of the “QUARQ DZERO DUB POWER METER”.
The problem is the frequency, and at least for normal commercial applications, we can’t get anything better than 1 Hz, which is nowhere near enough.
Has anyone had any experience with a better frequency while using power meters?
Thanks.

Alex321

Veteran
Hi,
We are trying to do academic research by utilizing power meters. Right now, we are in possession of the “QUARQ DZERO DUB POWER METER”.
The problem is the frequency, and at least for normal commercial applications, we can’t get anything better than 1 Hz, which is nowhere near enough.
Thanks.

For cycling use, 1Hz will be plenty, so anybody here with experience of higher frequency ones than that will have been using them in some other application.

presta

Guru
What exactly are you trying to do, plot power as a function of crank phase? Otherwise, for anyone who just want's mean power (ie most users), it has to averaged over an integer number of crank revolutions or else the reading will vary at the frequency that's the difference between cadence and sample rate.

If you want something fast enough to see power variation with crank phase I don't think you'll get one off the shelf, it'll have to be a DIY job.

Hi,
Thanks.

If you want info on power meters - look up the DC Rainmaker website. He will have tested every powermeter out there so might be able to suggest something.

Top Bottom