Fresh strawberry sauce with your chicken anyone?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Just been having a quick look round the various takeaway places near my new home and came across a Chinese takeaway doing this:-

IMG_1228.jpg

Anyone ever tried such a thing?!

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
No thanks

Slick

Guru
So chicken with apricot is ok (yup, if you don't know, it's lovely), but not strawberry?

I'd try it before laughing at it.

<sigh> The English fear of unfamiliar flavours is why Chinese food is generally terrible here.\\

EDIT: OOPS! British!!
sorry scotland.
I think you'll find you were right the first time. ;)

OP
OP
U

User33236

So chicken with apricot is ok (yup, if you don't know, it's lovely), but not strawberry?

I'd try it before laughing at it.

<sigh> The English fear of unfamiliar flavours is why Chinese food is generally terrible here.
Thankfully being Scottish living in Scotland :laugh: I don't have that fear and it's on my list of things to try. I suspect as Shaun found with his chicken in chocolate sauce, it'll be somewhat different to what it appears to be. Genuinely curious is anyone has had it and can confirm.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I served up strawberries with black pepper and balsamic last weekend.
It was well received but then I am a ponce, @ianrauk :okay:

EDIT: OOPS! British!!
sorry scotland.
I was so busy worrying about offending the Scots that I failed to notice that while I had never seen this dish in England, it was available in Scotland... so yeah, now I need to apologise again to the Scots for thinking they had English taste buds.

Thanks @Slick and @User33236 for the polite correction.

And unless you find it disgusting, try it at least twice. Enjoying something that is familiar is ok, but acquired tastes open whole new vistas of pleasure.

Top Bottom