Friday (as in Thursday) Night Ride to the Continent - 15th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Provided there is somebody I can draft - I'm followin'

TimO

Guru
I'm still doing it, or as far as Newhaven. I don't have my passport with me, so I'll have to turn around at the edge of the country.

I suspect I'll regret this when the weather turns a bit damper, but in for a penny...

I won't be doing the Genteel ride, since I'll be saving myself for the Dun Run, so I need my FNRttC fix. :biggrin:

Charlotte

Dissolute libertine
I've just heard the weather forecast: I'm out.

It was when the guy on the BBC used the phrase, "sucker's gap" that I realised it wasn't happening. Apparently, it'll be lovely early this evening, but it won't last. As night falls, it's going to piss it down with rain and there's going to be a howler of a wind until morning.

Sorry.

:sad:

TimO

Guru
I think the "interesting" bit is this bunch of weather:

Rain20100715.jpg

It's going Eastward. If we're lucky it'll slow down, or dump out over the rest of the UK before it gets to the South-East.
CrossedFingers.png

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've just heard the weather forecast: I'm out.

It was when the guy on the BBC used the phrase, "sucker's gap" that I realised it wasn't happening. Apparently, it'll be lovely early this evening, but it won't last. As night falls, it's going to piss it down with rain and there's going to be a howler of a wind until morning.

Sorry.

:sad:
ha! Some of us are relishing the prospect of testing our rain gear!

TimO

Guru
My rain gear is comprised of a waterproof & sort of breathable jacket, and I've had the chance to test it on many FNRttCs over the last 12 months!

I was wondering whether to wear tights rather than shorts, but the temperature will still be pretty mild.

des.o

Veteran
The way I see it there's bail out points at Gatwick, Hyde Park Corner and the Chiswick borders - monsoon conditions at any of these and W4 Kebabs & the dodgy late night offy beckons. Failing that there's Newhaven - then I'm definitely going home.... unless I go to France. Fully committed me....

Top Bottom