Friday Night is Music Night: $ex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I remember some group performing this at Weeley - maybe Edgar Broughton band? Anyway here's the original; We Did It Again by The Soft Machine:

I was at Wesley but I don't remember this, come to think of it I don't remember much about the whole weekend, except the coloured stars and my hot dog resemnling a severed finger.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I saw the Edgar Broughton Band at the Isle of Wight in 1969. In retrospect, they really were utterly dreadful. Wasa Wasa was one of the few albums I have chucked in the bin without any regrets.

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I was at Wesley but I don't remember this, come to think of it I don't remember much about the whole weekend, except the coloured stars and my hot dog resemnling a severed finger.
Stray and Lindisfarne stood out for me (other groups may come back to my addled brain later); an abiding memory is seeing the toilet facilities and hanging on for the long weekend until I could safely lay a cable in a secluded ditch before hitching back to Barnet. I may have falsely remembered a performance by Soft Machine in Manchester. :wacko:

I saw the Edgar Broughton Band at the Isle of Wight in 1969. In retrospect, there really were utterly dreadful. Wasa Wasa was one of the few albums I have chucked in the bin without any regrets.
Quite agree. "Out, Demons, Out" indeed!

how much of Frank's catalogue am I allowed to post,
It's late at night, no-ones watching - see what you can get away with! i'll support you all the way.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Stray and Lindisfarne stood out for me (other groups may come back to my addled brain later); an abiding memory is seeing the toilet facilities and hanging on for the long weekend until I could safely lay a cable in a secluded ditch before hitching back to Barnet. I may have falsely remembered a performance by Soft Machine in Manchester. :wacko:

Quite agree. "Out, Demons, Out" indeed!
The video is a bit OTT

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
The video is a bit OTT
Bloody hell, you're not wrong there (I assume you mean the Zappa one) - good job I'm watching on a small screen! I think my newly smart telly would suspend operations and put a call in to the relevant authorities!

Diverging from that , and relating back to Weeley, that was, AFIK, the origin of "Where's Wally?", when someone lost a dog of that name, a request was broadcast over the sound system, and everyone who was still awake started calling "Wally, Wally".
G'night all.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Bloody hell, you're not wrong there (I assume you mean the Zappa one) - good job I'm watching on a small screen! I think my newly smart telly would suspend operations and put a call in to the relevant authorities!

Diverging from that , and relating back to Weeley, that was, AFIK, the origin of "Where's Wally?", when someone lost a dog of that name, a request was broadcast over the sound system, and everyone who was still awake started calling "Wally, Wally".
G'night all.
Yep I've deleted it now, I didn't look at the vid before I posted 'that' version

(Took me ages to work out how to get rid of it, good song though)

Tin Pot

Guru
Two heads are better than one
Double the pleasure, triple the fun!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvwop1Nv2og&feature=youtu.be

Top Bottom