Friday Night Is South of the Equator music.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I had a post deleted because I interpreted "South of the Equator" as a euphemism. You can still view the song on YouTube as it's not banned there. It's a well known song by Divinyls.

Paul Simon - Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I_T3XvzPaM

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
OMG. That explains the message I got from moderator!

"Your post in the thread Friday Night Is South of the Equator music. was deleted. Reason: Refers to deleted inappropriate post. Should have reported it not commented!"

I wasn't complaining because of the content, but because I had posted it earlier.

Bless the late, lamented Chrissie Amplett, and do not delete or edit this post!

I checked the previous posts but did not notice it. I would have chosen another song if I had.
Well, why shouldn't you have your post deleted?

I checked the previous posts but did not notice it. I would have chosen another song if I had.
Well, why shouldn't you have your post deleted?
My post should only be deleted if women touching themselves is obscene. it's not. So your post and my comment should have stood.

As far as I can understand, a mod clicked play on your clip, listened to the lyrics, said to themself "women masturbating is disgusting. Anyone responding to this must feel the same, because women's sexuality is obscene."

Last edited:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
My post should only be deleted if women touching themselves is obscene. it's not. So your post and my comment should have stood.

As far as I can understand, a mod clicked play on your clip, listened to the lyrics, said to themself "women masturbating is disgusting. Anyone responding to this must feel the same, because women's sexuality is obscene."

I don't know, it's not something you do in public. Still I thought it was a bit strong to delete my post because it alluded to the meaning of a song, which itself only alluded to the practice in a not very explicit way. I bet millions of people listened to that song and never realised what it was about.

Maybe I should have chose Blister in the Sun by the Violent Femmes or Turning Japanese by The Vapors.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I don't know, it's not something you do in public. Still I thought it was a bit strong to delete my post because it alluded to the meaning of a song, which itself only alluded to the practice in a not very explicit way. I bet millions of people listened to that song and never realised what it was about.

Maybe I should have chose Blister in the Sun by the Violent Femmes or Turning Japanese by The Vapors.

you'd be better of with " fook you i wont do what you tell me"!!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QNzIKoAy2pk

Top Bottom