Friday Night Is South of the Equator music.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
More about this track "I touch myself", which belongs in this thread as it's a Melbourne woman leading a Sydney band.

Chrissy Amphlett died of breast cancer in 2013. Apparently mammograms had come back clean, but she - true to the lyrics of the song - knew something was wrong, and insisted on a biopsy, where they found the cancer that eventually killed her. The anticancer council of NSW combined with some of the greatest female Australian singers to record the song as reminder to women to do BSE (breast self examination). It's really beautiful. It does have boobies as then end, so if you are offended by boobies, please don't watch to the end.

The oldest women is Little Pattie (Amphlett), an novelty surf singer ("He's My Blonde Headed, Stompie Wompie, Real Gone Surfer Boy") from the early sixties who turns out to be Chrissy cousin. I'm not sure who else you would recognise, except obviously the second oldest - Olivia Newton John - who elsewhere describes herself as a "breast cancer striver"

It works. I hadn't checked for a long time, but I did after watching this.

Edit: I didn't say, but this video is simple an beautiful.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FeaO2BrrIf8

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Top Bottom