Friday night music is ... your 2020 discoveries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
One thing I love about YouTube videos is people playing well known tunes either using completely different instruments, or, in a completely different way to the original.

Here are my two current faves:

+1 for Steve n segulls, like a very classy Hayseed Dixie.

C R

Guru
People with waaaaaaay too much time on their hands!

A 7 minute heavy metal guitar solo on a recorder! That is some seriously impressive playing
Apparently the guy earns a living playing in bars and cafes, according to the comments under the video.

C R

Guru
I personally found out that i didnt get on that well with "Unleash The Archers" -- you probably would have gotten them in your recommendations after watching Frozen Crown if you already hadnt (Not that they are a bad band by an means!)
I've been following UTA for a couple of years, quite like them, Britney's voice is something else, and their sound is always really tight.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have seen this guy busking in York, I had no idea he had recorded a load of albums until 2020.

View: https://youtu.be/DO34rmmR4p4

I have most of his. Ever since Steve Wright in the Afternoon, played a bit of the first album The purple electric violin concerto. Just awesome. I have seen him several times, busking in Chester. He played on one of the New Model Army albums, Thunder somethingor other.

Top Bottom