FNRttC Friday Night Ride: London to Whitstable - 9th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Starting at midnight from under Waterloo Bridge on the Southbank we escape The Smoke on some quieter roads, and follow the river via Greenwich and the Cutty Sark, before climbing for a view of the estuary then diving under the Dartford Bridge and making our way to Gravesend.

Quiet lanes take us to our half way stop in Strood - wonderful home made cakes and rolls from the staff of Step & Learn - before we cross the Medway and head further east through Upchurch. We bypass Sittingbourne by skirting the marshes over the atmospheric Raspberry Hill where we may spot a barn owl or two, and on to the ancient market town of Faversham. The road from Faversham to Whitstable runs across the Graveney Marshes. A delight. We enjoy our breakfasts overlooking the sea.

There’ll be a castle, a cathedral, tanks, possibly a submarine, and almost certainly sheep.

A ride of 67 or so miles.

Visit the Friday Night Ride to the Coast website to sign up.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Registered. Don't want Tim eating too much leftover cake, so I'll help him out a bit. :smile:

kimble

Veteran
Alas I'm otherwise engaged. This is my favourite ride, and I was fortunate to be able to do it on the Red Baron back in April.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
As age catches up with us, we sometimes think we have done something but we haven't, just as we forget that we have done something and do it three times as someone has done for one ride. No names, no packdrill, obvs.
Today I discovered that I hadn't signed up for this ride.
But now I have. All I need to do now is remember to turn up for it next Friday night.
What could possibly go wrong?

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
This needs a bump. 60 or so signed up, apparently....
70 or so now.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Looks like a very warm night, perhaps 18 degrees, with no rain and a slight breeze. No repeat of the Eastbourne deluge then.. .

Top Bottom