FNRttC Friday Night Ride Manchester-Morecambe 4th August 2017.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Yes. And in fact 3 years ago, as all the bike spaces were booked, the guard actually told someone to take the wheels off, as then it's not a bike, but luggage.

Most guards work on that principle :okay: Earlier this year I had 7 or 8 bikes on at Bridlington, a group had done TWOTR, we had nearly an hour standing at Brid, so 4 put their bikes in the bike area (top & tailed) & the rest just took the wheels off & put them in the luggage rack. We then locked the train up whilst they went for a drink & their bikes were kept safe :okay:

PS have a good ride folks, fancied this one, but working & can't afford to take 2 days off for a bike ride :sad:

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Time for a list:-

Confirmed:-

Andrew Br
Lisa C
Nasir M
Sonia W
Stu A
Tacey L
Yoav A

Maybes:-

Andrew C
Gordon P
Kim W
Marcus C
Martin B

If there's a demand for it, I can arrange to "meet and greet" at Manchester Piccadilly from 22.30.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Best if I say I'm a DNS on this as I'll be helping on LEL all week and it's better if I assume my duties include the Friday.

ianmac62

Guru
I'm a DNS too. 4th August is my 38th wedding anniversary. I missed one once ... to cycle LEJoG. Won't make that mistake again.

Have a good night, everyone!

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
I will be there. I'll do the form tomorrow.
Train arrives 10.48.
After Morecambe I'll head to Heysham for the 2.15 ferry to Douglas on my way to Belfast and 2 weeks cycling in Ireland.
I'd like a dry night to start with please

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I will be there. I'll do the form tomorrow.
Train arrives 10.48.
After Morecambe I'll head to Heysham for the 2.15 ferry to Douglas on my way to Belfast and 2 weeks cycling in Ireland.
I'd like a dry night to start with please
Also on the 2248 arrival.
+1 for the dry night!

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
A new list:-

Andrew Br
Barry M
Gordon P
Lisa C
Nasir M
Sonia W
Stu A
Tacey L
Yoav A

Andrew C
Kim W
Marcus C

What the ride is missing in quantity, it more than makes up for it in quality

I can't promise that we'll have good weather. I'm trying to find some goats and virgins to make the appropriate sacrifices. Both are surprisingly hard to get hold of in MCR. Having said that, there are a lot of baby goats near the M60. I kid you not.

What time are people intending to head home from Lancaster ?
I haven't booked my train ticket yet and I am toying with the idea of riding back to Preston. With a few trips round the block, it makes for a 100 mile ride.
The alternative is to do what I did last year: stay in the Wetherspoons 'til late morning and drink stout.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
A new list:-

Andrew Br
Barry M
Gordon P
Lisa C
Nasir M
Sonia W
Stu A
Tacey L
Yoav A

Andrew C
Kim W
Marcus C

What the ride is missing in quantity, it more than makes up for it in quality

I can't promise that we'll have good weather. I'm trying to find some goats and virgins to make the appropriate sacrifices. Both are surprisingly hard to get hold of in MCR. Having said that, there are a lot of baby goats near the M60. I kid you not.

What time are people intending to head home from Lancaster ?
I haven't booked my train ticket yet and I am toying with the idea of riding back to Preston. With a few trips round the block, it makes for a 100 mile ride.
The alternative is to do what I did last year: stay in the Wetherspoons 'til late morning and drink stout.

On the 1038 from Lancaster. The August ton will have to wait...

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
10.38 from Lancaster for me too.
I was planning to cycle into Manchester to meet up and that plus the ride will get me into the low/mid 80s. A less direct route from the station to home would get me an imperial ton.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Via Heysham?

That sounded like a very good idea. Then I looked at a map.............
Effectively I'd be re-tracing the route back into Lancaster before heading south..There's no way across the Lune.
If I do ride to Preston, it'll be straight down the A6.
Another alternative, and one that might be a bit of an "adventure", is to take the Knott End ferry to Fleetwood and then get the train home from Blackpool.
Most likely though I'll let the train take the strain from Lancaster.

Top Bottom