FNRttC Friday Night Ride Manchester-Morecambe 4th August 2017.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've just bought my ticket down so I'm in (email on it's way) :smile:

I'm not arriving at Piccadilly until 23:28 though so I'll probably have to head straight to the town hall.

As for heading back, it's a local service home from Lancaster so I don't have to book anything specific :biggrin:

wanda2010

Guru
I'm on the 1238 back.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
In advance of the Manchester-Morecambe Friday Night Ride to the Coast, I'm planning to do a daylight route check.
The primary reason for doing it is to check out the road surfaces since I rode it last year.
The roads aren't as much fun in day-time (too much traffic) but I can't fit in a night-time reccy.

If you're interested, I'm intending to set off from Albert Square at 10.00.
I'm not sure what time I'll get to Morecambe but 15.00 sounds about right.
Depending on morale and, primarily, weather, I'll then decide if I ride on to Preston (makes for ~100 miles) or just hop on a train home in Lancaster.

If you're interested in coming along, let me know.
Please see up-thread for route info.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
In advance of the Manchester-Morecambe Friday Night Ride to the Coast, I'm planning to do a daylight route check.
The primary reason for doing it is to check out the road surfaces since I rode it last year.
The roads aren't as much fun in day-time (too much traffic) but I can't fit in a night-time reccy.

If you're interested, I'm intending to set off from Albert Square at 10.00.
I'm not sure what time I'll get to Morecambe but 15.00 sounds about right.
Depending on morale and, primarily, weather, I'll then decide if I ride on to Preston (makes for ~100 miles) or just hop on a train home in Lancaster.

If you're interested in coming along, let me know.
Please see up-thread for route info.

Bugger. If you'd given a bit more notice I could have tried to make arrangements to join you.

wanda2010

Guru
Are you sorted for bike bag?

I would be if I could make a decision on which bike to take!! It will either be the titch Trek 1.2 or the titch Fuji Ace. Fuji makes more sense as is lightest so wouldn't hurt my shoulder on lifting it too much. I found my massive laundry bag which could probably hold me and the wheels (no laughing at the back there), so I'm partially ready :rolleyes:. Final decision to be made tonight.

Whichever bike is chosen will be honoured by the inclusion of 650c x28 tyres :angel:

Last edited:

Tacey

Über Member
Guys, major panic here. I don't have a bike reservation for the trip back. There seem to be plenty of tickets but either Virgin East Coast are hiding their cycle reservations or they are plum out of them. While I spend the night lying awake waiting for their customer service offices to open at 7am, does anyone have a train ticket and bike reservation for London going begging?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Guys, major panic here. I don't have a bike reservation for the trip back. There seem to be plenty of tickets but either Virgin East Coast are hiding their cycle reservations or they are plum out of them. While I spend the night lying awake waiting for their customer service offices to open at 7am, does anyone have a train ticket and bike reservation for London going begging?
Use the Hull Trains site, it'll let you do the bike reservation. Still bike space on the 1038 from Lancaster (my train back), also the 1138 (the xx38 services are the direct ones), not checked any others. £42.50 for standard class. http://tickets.hulltrains.co.uk/ht/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck

Top Bottom