FNRttC Friday Night Ride Manchester-Morecambe 4th August 2017.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
The hilly, Northerly ride is back on 4th August this year.
I'll post more info, including sign-up details, in a little while but it's probably a good time to look at train bookings.

We start from Central Manchester (Albert Square, in front of the town-hall) so any of the main MCR stations are good arrival points. Trains from the South tend to come into Piccadilly. If you're travelling by Virgin Trains you must have a bike reservation unless you're bringing a folding bike or you want to dismantle and cover your "big" bike.
Since we have breakfast in Lancaster after a short visit to Morecambe, it's probably best to book trains back from there.

Last year's thread is here:- https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/friday-night-ride-manchester-morecambe-5th-august.201985/ and there are links to previous year's rides as well.

I'm not planning to change the route or the food stops.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Andrew

wanda2010

Guru
In!

Tickets booked too.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
have wanted to do this ride for ages, but it's the end of LEL: i'll try to make if:
  • i can get away from the control i'm in and
  • i can stay awake after volunteering for a week.
But this might be possible. Cracking ride, I'd try to combine it with a stay oop north

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Try Virgin's own site.
Virgin West Coast (the actual operator) won't let you reserve cycle spaces online.
Virgin East Coast…does. Euston-Manchester ticket with bike space booked, £22....
No cheap tickets from Lancaster as yet, it seems....

wanda2010

Guru
I'd booked mine when Virgin had a sale back in March. I don't yet have a bike space for the return so this could be interesting.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
I am hatching a plan to do this and then ride 4 miles down the coast to Heysham. I can catch a ferry from there to Douglas, which connects with a ferry to Belfast, arriving just after midnight on Sunday morning. Later that day I would either take the train or ride to (London)Derry and thence to Malin Head, turn south and several days later arrive at Mizen Head. Then ride to Cork and come home.

U

User10571

I am hatching a plan to do this and then ride 4 miles down the coast to Heysham. I can catch a ferry from there to Douglas, which connects with a ferry to Belfast, arriving just after midnight on Sunday morning. Later that day I would either take the train or ride to (London)Derry and thence to Malin Head, turn south and several days later arrive at Mizen Head. Then ride to Cork and come home.
That sounds like a cracking ride!

Top Bottom