FNRttC Friday Night Ride Manchester-Morecambe 5th August.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
At Euston. No missed train this time. Charlie in same carriage.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Here- well, have been for 90 mins. Went for a little spin down the Hyde Road to kill some time. Now on the upper concourse.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
We've made it to the McDonald's in fairly good style; a couple of minor mechanicals delayed us a little but we got up the hills in good time.
Next is Ribchester and the climb to Longridge.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
And we're in Lancaster Wetherspoons (minus Kim who went for her train). One 'mechanical' (I had a recalcitrant cleat and had to remove it), no punctures. And an RTA (no riders involved, except in helping). More to follow later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Lancaster Wetherspoons where the beer is flowing and the breakfasts are arriving. Get this; we're sat outside. I'll say it again; we're sat outside.
It was a lovely ride and we only had to call one ambulance. Thankfully it wasn't for any of us; a driver managed to overturn his car. He was shaken up but there were no obvious injuries apart from grazing.
We got him out of the car and looked after him 'til the ambulance arrived.
We also saved a bunny from being squashed by a 4X4. It was sitting stunned in the middle of the road so it was moved to the side.

One day this ride won't have any incidents. Roll on that day.
But, but, but; it was a glorious ride.

Last edited:

kimble

Veteran
Lancaster Wetherspoons where the beer is flowing and the breakfasts are arriving. Get this; we're sat outside. I'll say it again; we're sat outside.

I hope there's photographic evidence...

I made the train in good time, and still got to see the sea, if not Eric.

Incident aside, it was an utterly brilliant ride - haven't had one so good for ages. Sort of thing that reminds me why I developed this cycling habit in the first place.

Top Bottom