Friday Night Ride to....Paris-Brest-Paris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went away and did a French Night Ride to the Coast, from Paris to Brest. I set off a bit earlier than midnight because the distance was bit further than usual. And the middle of the night stop was not at 4AM but at 12 noon. I did what many Fridays find natural, and cycled back to the big city.

It rained for a while, as so often happens on a FNRttC.

There was a climb or two, I was thinking Roc Ditchling and Mont de Turner.

Saw Frank, saw Rimas.

Teef was always there.

IMG_3728.JPG

The ride never touched Friday, and I didn't see the moon, but I proudly wore my FNRttC jersey, on the Friday after the finish.

The FNRttC support was only a tweet away.

Thank you so much! I loved receiving the 'tweet digest' from martinbrice, and reading this thread after finishing PBP moved me to tears.

Will there be any other Fridays up for a French Night Ride to the Coast in 2015?

PBP 2011 Ride Report

A very sophisticated and measured use of the English language, Els. Shape 'O' :smile:
Did you get any of my 'twittweeting' stuff - or do I have to go back to the drawing board and get tips, on both breakfast, and 'teetering' from Martinolderbutwiser Brice?
Your sister made contact however, as she must have heard 'Els bells' ringing, and answered for you!
Lasting congratulations, and thanks for turning up on Saturday morning, even though, with shin splints, you had a wry gait. :thumbsup:

Edited, because, every time I do a :thumbsup: type of salutation, I write :thumbs up: - which of course means I shouldn't leave a space between the thumbs and the up...oh well.

A very sophisticated and measured use of the English language, Els. Shape 'O' :smile:
Did you get any of my 'twittweeting' stuff - or do I have to go back to the drawing board and get tips, on both breakfast, and 'teetering' from Martinolderbutwiser Brice?
Your sister made contact however, as she must have heard 'Els bells' ringing, and answered for you!
Lasting congratulations, and thanks for turning up on Saturday morning, even though, with shin splints, you had a wry gait. :thumbsup:

Edited, because, every time I do a :thumbsup: type of salutation, I write :thumbs up: - which of course means I shouldn't leave a space between the thumbs and the up...oh well.

I did get your tweets when I had wifi access. Thanks very much! They were of the highest quality! Shape 'O' to you too.

I was still not right on Saturday morning, calling Susy, Rosie, and Des, Denis. Couldn't think of Simon's leg, I mean name, but remembered the Legg.

Had trouble getting the early fast group on track! They were intent on following the signs to Redhill. I was advised to shout louder. All was OK after that. Loved seeing everybody. So many people said congratulations to me, much appreciated.

Top Bottom