FNRttC Friday Night Ride to Shoreham - 20th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
For me, rain only means a choice between best bike without mudguards, or best bike with mudguards. It's why I bought waterproof gear.

My buddy who lives in Portslade that I haven't seen all year called me out of the blue yesterday. So now I have signed up for the ride, and will spend saturday and the night with her family and ride back to London on Sunday. She has 2 small boys, who like me very much. I'll keep my sugar up during the day, to counteract the tiredness and keep up with the kids.

@ianrauk & @topcat1 my rear tyre on the last ride had over 6,000km on it, so I should never have started the ride on it. That's end-of-life for rubinos. It's been binned and replaced.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Time for another list:-

Adam B
Adrian C
Adrian H
Andrew F
Andy B
Angus B
Angus L
Bob C
Charles B
Chris D
Clive B
Dan H
David E
David F
Eddie C (the other one)
Elliott F
Geoff S
Greg T
Ian A
Ian M
Ian W
James H
James R
Jason B
Jenny M
Joan M
John Ma
John Mo
John St
John Sw
Julie G
Kevin E
Kim C
Lez Y
Mark S
mark W
Martin B
Nick B
Nick L
Nigel C
Paul C
Pavel Z
Peter G
Rebecca O
Rob H (1)
Rob H(2)
Ross C
Nigel C
Sonia W
Stuart A
Tim H
Timothy O
Will T

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
We're on the final stretch - only a few days left until the (very nearly) full moon on Friday, which those whose eyes are always on the skies, will know is a Flower moon. If you've got good eyesight, you might be able to spot quite a few bluebells on the ride.

The weather forecasts seem to concur that it will be a dry ride, although with a light cross wind, and it should be a fairly comfortable temperature overnight at around 12°. Some will be in shorts but the more sensible might want to stick to long leggings and a few layers just in case, especially when setting off again after the half way stop.

A quick reminder to make sure you've got charged batteries able to last at least 5 hours. As with all group rides, there's no need for mega-bright laser lights. We do go fairly close to Gatwick, so I don't want to get any complaints from Richard Branson about his pilots being blinded whilst he's jetting off to his tax haven. So please ensure you angle down your rear lights, and if possible put them on a slow pulse or steady, rather than flashing.

The wonderful Mark at The Cabin in Faygate will be supplying us with food and hot drinks at Faygate, whilst our arrival destination at Shoreham will be providing a breakfast buffet, including a hot drink (veggie options available) for a fixed price of £8.50. I'm expecting we'll be making our final approach to the airport by around 8 am. As they're expecting a certain number of riders, if you've signed up and for some reason are no longer able to come along, please let me know by 3pm on Wednesday.

Please remember to come along to Hyde Park Corner by 11.40 to get crossed off my list, and ensure you can participate in the safety briefing.

See you Friday.

Adam (Shoreham Flight Leader)

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Would it still be a good idea to pack overtrousers & overshoes just in case or can i leave them at home? I'll have a shower proof jacket none the less.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Anyone know whether you need to prebook bike spaces on the Brigton to London train?
Annoyingly this now needs to be done for the Oxford to London segment ... Bastards ....

Tim Hall

Not only don't you need to, you can't. Turn up, smile, Tetris many bikes into the available space.

Top Bottom